Roll call - who will be at Hilton Mile High?

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Here here! Still waiting on ticket prices to drop, but I'll most certainly be down there on Thursday, and hopefully Saturday if we win and ticket prices aren't too outrageous.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
Room booked and Tickets bought the four of us will be there . We're headed out early wednesday morning .

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Me! Plan to drive for awhile after I get off work Wednesday and stop somewhere in Nebraska for the night.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I have a feeling that a lot of ISU fans will be in attendance for this one!

I face the dilemma of getting off work at 5 am Thursday morning and it's a 6 hour drive so if I do go I will be cutting it close.

Would like to but things need to fall in place. Dang, why couldn't we get Friday game? Btw, anyone know of a safe area to stay, but not too far from Pepsi Center? Other ISU fans at same hotels would be more fun.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Would like to but things need to fall in place. Dang, why couldn't we get Friday game? Btw, anyone know of a safe area to stay, but not too far from Pepsi Center? Other ISU fans at same hotels would be more fun.

I posted this in a different thread but thought I'd post here too since you brought it up. Feel free to share with others.

If anyone is still looking for rooms, I've emailed several hotels within 15 miles from the Pepsi Center(but not necessarily) downtown Denver to see about getting a block of rooms. I am pretty confident that if I can get 10 rooms filled that I can get a rate for less than $70 per night at a Marriott Property.

I should hear back from them tomorrow so if we can get enough everyone can get it locked in by Tuesday so you'll know you have a cheap place to stay.

PM me if you have any interest and I will start a list.​

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I posted this in a different thread but thought I'd post here too since you brought it up. Feel free to share with others.

If anyone is still looking for rooms, I've emailed several hotels within 15 miles from the Pepsi Center(but not necessarily) downtown Denver to see about getting a block of rooms. I am pretty confident that if I can get 10 rooms filled that I can get a rate for less than $70 per night at a Marriott Property.

I should hear back from them tomorrow so if we can get enough everyone can get it locked in by Tuesday so you'll know you have a cheap place to stay.

PM me if you have any interest and I will start a list.​

Do you know anything about the area of the hotel? Safe? Easy to get to? Stuff nearby? Can't commit on going yet so shouldn't mislead you by throwing my name in, sorry. But would appreciate the hotel name eventually if you get one. Then if I get to go, I'll take my chances on prices later.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Do you know anything about the area of the hotel? Safe? Easy to get to? Stuff nearby? Can't commit on going yet so shouldn't mislead you by throwing my name in, sorry. But would appreciate the hotel name eventually if you get one. Then if I get to go, I'll take my chances on prices later.

Denver Marriott Tech Center - appears to be around 12 miles away from Pepsi center and about 1/2 mile from a light rail station. While many of the reviews mention how dated it is the pictures of the rooms look similar to the KC DT Marriott. It's cheap enough to begin with at $79/night but I'm sure if a few more people are interested we could get it lower than that.​

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I don't suppose there is a charter bus going from Ames or DesMoines, is there? Would love to go, but don't want to make the 9 hr. drive myself.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I have a feeling that a lot of ISU fans will be in attendance for this one! I face the dilemma of getting off work at 5 am Thursday morning and it's a 6 hour drive so if I do go I will be cutting it close.
You can go ninety thru western Nebraska.

sigh

Apr 11, 2006
Denver
Denver Marriott Tech Center - appears to be around 12 miles away from Pepsi center and about 1/2 mile from a light rail station. While many of the reviews mention how dated it is the pictures of the rooms look similar to the KC DT Marriott. It's cheap enough to begin with at $79/night but I'm sure if a few more people are interested we could get it lower than that.​

I work in the Tech Center it's very safe and clean. Close to a bunch of restaurants/bars (Bakers st Pub will have live music). The lightrail literally drops you off at the door of the Pepsi Center so you won't have to drive and park downtown.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron