Rhoads Unis

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
So a cardinal logo 'pops' on a cardinal helmet more than if it was on a gold helmet?! That makes no sense. I think that is my main complaint with the helmet is that you have two shades of cardinal in it...just kind of silly.

Jaime said that the logo being outlined primarily in gold, kind of seemed to blend into a gold helmet and didnt look right, IMO it would look a lot better. I agree.

farmerbrent

Feb 29, 2008
Yellow helmet with I State logo... Names on jerseys... Black shoes... I would love those subtle changes. Very good way to change, and still stay the same for the most part. Plus I really think it would look the best. Great ideas.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
YES!!! The weekly uniform thread. Only surprise is that 33 started it. Generally there is pretty good agreement that the uni's are a MASSIVE improvement. There is a less vocal consenus that although not everyone is in love with the I-State it is a great improvement over tazmanian cy (although there is definitely a very vocal minority that disagrees). The I-State is simple, recognizable, and we don't have to explain to people unfamiliar with it why we are a spinning bird. That said, the rest seems to be individual differences in preferences on shoe color, helmet color, and socks color. We won't change our logo. We may change our shoe/sock color but 99% of fans won't care. Helmets...eh, doubt many not on this board care there either...they look fine. And while we do look like USC we also look damn near identical to the 1978 home unis...pull out your media guide. There is a great photo of the QB from that year near the back of the book.

Reactions: Bobber

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
YES!!! The weekly uniform thread. Only surprise is that 33 started it. Generally there is pretty good agreement that the uni's are a MASSIVE improvement. There is a less vocal consenus that although not everyone is in love with the I-State it is a great improvement over tazmanian cy (although there is definitely a very vocal minority that disagrees). The I-State is simple, recognizable, and we don't have to explain to people unfamiliar with it why we are a spinning bird. That said, the rest seems to be individual differences in preferences on shoe color, helmet color, and socks color. We won't change our logo. We may change our shoe/sock color but 99% of fans won't care. Helmets...eh, doubt many not on this board care there either...they look fine. And while we do look like USC we also look damn near identical to the 1978 home unis...pull out your media guide. There is a great photo of the QB from that year near the back of the book.

I know, I know. Uniform thread. But now is the time that changes are made, and honestly i wouldn't be surprised if SOMETHING was tweaked by PR just a little.

jt tailgater

May 22, 2006
NO MORE CHANGES TO THE UNIFORMS!!! Pick one and stick with it. All we need to do to look good is win 6 or 7 games next year.

farmerbrent

Feb 29, 2008
I know, I know. Uniform thread. But now is the time that changes are made, and honestly i wouldn't be surprised if SOMETHING was tweaked by PR just a little.

It wouldn't be normal if you didn't have the "Why did you start this thread" response. I Love the yellow helmet idea. You can't make out the I State on the current helmets at all from the stands, especially when you're wearing beer goggles.

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
We need new uniforms. We need ISU uniforms not USC uniforms. We heard it some this year and will hear a whole lot more as the years go on. ESPN has this beauty after the OSU loss: 'Looks like ISU copied USC's uniforms...too bad they that's about it.'

It was awesome...

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
We need new uniforms. We need ISU uniforms not USC uniforms. We heard it some this year and will hear a whole lot more as the years go on. ESPN has this beauty after the OSU loss: 'Looks like ISU copied USC's uniforms...too bad they that's about it.'

It was awesome...

I don't think there's anything wrong with being associated with a good team. That's what the Hawks did when they copied the Steelers uniforms.

Our school colors are the same as USC. How do you get around that one??

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
I just want names on the uni's back. I know some coaches use that as a there is no I in team, but I have seen a heck of a lot more bowl teams with names on the back than without...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

It was awesome...

I'm sure people didn't care originally that USC essentially copied ours...

We just went away from it and are now going back.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
If we went to black shoes, we would look even more like USC. Why don't we go with black shoes w/white shoelaces and white socks?

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Names on jerseys would be nice, since taking them off was all about Chizik's "team" philosophy.

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
My vote would be to drop the red, beveled effect in the logo on the helmet. College football helmets should be one color with a one color decal. Use the cardinal helmet with a gold decal where the actual helmet provides the color of the I.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I emailed Pollard about the uniforms/Paul Rhoads several weeks ago...

Jamie said when we got our new uni's last year, he actually got a message from Paul Rhoads saying how much he (PR) liked the new look. Jamie said he does not expect ANY changes to the uniforms whatsover, obviously because Paul already likes them as is.

The only thing I'd ask for is black shoes/socks on occasion and of course, names on the back :)

Other than that, I think our uni's are incredible. Who cares if they kind of look like USC. Same school colors; it happens. The design is different if people paid attention.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
You know which logo I'd like? I forget the guy's name, but his avatar is the cardinal "I" with the white "ISU" running down the center of it, but it's done in that Cyclone font. On either a cardinal or gold helmet that would look pretty sweet.

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
I like the white shoes, especially on the road uni's. plus white shoes make you look like you're running faster! :smile: