Help: Reputation levels

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, but my searches didn't turn up anything...

When you mouse-over the reputation bars there are various phrases that appear, such as "diamond in the rough", "just really nice", "reputation beyond repute", etc. What is the hierarchy of these text-based reputation descriptions? I ask because I've seen my mouse-over text change without any change in the green bar.

Speaking of the green bar, is there a difference between the bright and dark green boxes?

Thanks!

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, but my searches didn't turn up anything...

When you mouse-over the reputation bars there are various phrases that appear, such as "diamond in the rough", "just really nice", "reputation beyond repute", etc. What is the hierarchy of these text-based reputation descriptions? I ask because I've seen my mouse-over text change without any change in the green bar.

Speaking of the green bar, is there a difference between the bright and dark green boxes?

Thanks!
bump

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I tried looking this up, and either it is something set up behind the scenes by vbulletin, or I don't have the proper permissions to access the list, because I was unable to locate anything. Sorry. I'll keep trying and let you know if I find anything.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
reputation_manager.png
reputation_manager.pnghttp:

Here is the layout

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
Though I think our reputation levels have been modified somewhat, since I have 1762 rep points and the documention states that "...is a name known to all" is 550-650. :wink:

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
OK, since ALSWelk found the deal with the rep, I think we all have to rep him until he reaches the next level to discover the secret decoder ring codes....ah, that's too much like work.

I'll rep him just for the discovery of all things hidden.

Now, what is up with the green bars thingy?

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Low and behold, I have solved the green bar mystery of mysteries! It's called "User Ranks".

Here's the deal:
Basically, CF decided on what images to use for ranking a user and chose green bars. I'm guessing the bright green are your ranking - red was negative rep and the total number of green bars of 11 is the max rep you can get.

This is measuring how important you are to CF.com based on whatever formula matrix they've set up.

As in "My amp goes to 11." from Spinal Tap the movie.

See here:
userrank_add_35.png

Link:
http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/user_ranks_intro

It's kinda frightening that every single poster in this post has the same number of green bars at 5, don't ya think?

Last edited:

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I'm around 92K, and I want a new phrase!

Something like........."you can't possibly have that many interesting thoughts".

I agree, I think the green bar needs to be modified too. It is disbursing that someone with less than 2k rep points has just as many bars as I do.

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
From looking at a few posts including ones with Williams in them, 5 bright green bars with 11 total bars seems to be the max setting or pretty close to it.

Probably also has "stacking" turned on.

So anyone with 11 bars showing and 5 bright green has been around and contributing to the community in a way that is valuable to CF and the community.

The saying gives you an idea about how much rep they have overall.

That's the deal.

So we're all in the "My Marshall amp goes to 11" club.

So turn it up to 11.

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I agree, I think the green bar needs to be modified too. It is disbursing that someone with less than 2k rep points has just as many bars as I do.

Jaretac, The green bars are how much value you have been to CF the site, not how much you've been repped only. At least as described in the manual, but of course up to CF.com for how they want to use it, if at all.

For Rep only, that is the one line comment.

Also as noted, the rep one liner image above is default setting and someone with a whole lot rep more than 2K (97k) is at the top comment level.

FWIW, I am at 1846 for rep, so those beneath your dignity are close. We might all just start repping each other to get above 2K now.:v_SPIN:

Sometimes a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.....but still, turn it up to 11!

Last edited:

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Jaretac, The green bars are how much value you have been to CF the site, not how much you've been repped only. At least as described in the manual, but of course up to CF.com for how they want to use it, if at all.

For Rep only, that is the one line comment.

Also as noted, the rep one liner image above is default setting and someone with a whole lot rep more than 2K (97k) is at the top comment level.

FWIW, I am at 1846 for rep, so those beneath your dignity are close. We might all just start repping each other to get above 2K now.:v_SPIN:

Sometimes a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.....but still, turn it up to 11!

We don't know if 2k is the trigger? With all do respect getting to 2k won't do much to catch up with me and a lot of the other "old timers" on here.

I'm not saying that I'm the measuring stick to which all other members should be measured and I'm in no way dishing anyone. I don't pay attention to the rep bar or post count, in most cases, but I do believe that people should respect their "elders". In this circumstance the "elders" are the ones with the highest rep count or "value".

To be honest, there is a level above me still that is not getting recognized apart from me and they should. Cyclonepride is an example of that. Do you really think that you have been as "valuable" to CF than Cyclonepride or even I? According to the Green bars you have been, but stats could be thrown out there to prove otherwise.

As I said I'm not dishing you or anyone else. The content of a post means more to me than how many green cubs, rep statements or post counts. However, should someone with 97k rep points and 23k posts be viewed with the same "value" as someone with 400 post and 1.8k rep points? I argue no. Nor should Cyclonepride and I be viewed with equal value.

Last edited:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
We don't know if 2k is the trigger? With all do respect getting to 2k won't do much to catch up with me and a lot of the other "old timers" on here.

I'm not saying that I'm the measuring stick to which all other members should be measured and I'm in no way dishing anyone. I don't pay attention to the rep bar or post count, in most cases, but I do believe that people should respect their "elders". In this circumstance the "elders" are the ones with the highest rep count or "value".

To be honest, there is a level above me still that is not getting recognized apart from me and they should. Cyclonepride is an example of that. Do you really think that you have been as "valuable" to CF than Cyclonepride or even I? According to the Green bars you have been, but stats could be thrown out there to prove otherwise.

As I said I'm not dishing you or anyone else. The content of a post means more to me than how many green cubs, rep statements or post counts. However, should someone with 97k rep points and 23k posts be viewed with the same "value" as someone with 400 post and 1.8k rep points?

You serious Clark?