Register's ISU BB coverage

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Is very bad. Wasnt there a Press Conference yesterday? There are no highlights from that. They have a short post game write up. They is no story on Wes getting player of the week except for the normal spot the player of the week gets. They cannot even get the ISU radio stations correct.

I didnt live in Iowa when ISU was winning conference titles but I hope they got the coverage then that Drake is getting now and I hope when ISU is back on top they will get the coverage Drake is getting. Drake is a nice story and all of a sudden eveyone is a Drake fan and they need to get credit, but there are other teams in this state. Drake is getting all the press while ISU sits back and has quietly put together a good run.

Rage On

Jul 20, 2006
Although I am no fan of the Register and I would agree that their coverage always sucks, why not let Drake enjoy the spotlight? They earned it.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Every now and then, they come out with a good article, like Sean Keeler's about Lucca, but mostly, the coverage is not that great at all.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
The print news industry is in decline. I wouldn't expect much improvement. They can't afford to hire competent employees. That's why so many Register employees are from the University of Iowa.

Last edited:

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
This year has been worse than previous years. Their online stuff is crap too. I never see any new blogs out there. It's like they're all on vacation.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Their game photos are pretty good. They put about 20 or so pics from each game. Some of them are pretty good.