RECRUITING: Zachary Ross has committed

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Yeah, depends on who we're playing. It's tough sledding against B1G defenses for sure.

Tired of this BIG has defenses crap..its a little of both..defenses are decent but offense are sooooo bad it inflates defenses.

How were those mighty BIG defenses in bowl games last year when they played teams not in the BIG?

Clemson- 31
OSU- 0

USC scored 52 on penn state

FSU scored 33 on Michigan

Florida scored 30 on Iowa...and Florida offense was horrid all year.

TEnnessee scored 38 on Nebraska

ETC..ETC..ETC...

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Two in-state OL men in the same class?

The amount of pee in Iowa's cheerios right now must be staggering.
It's not like Iowa State has never gotten in-state linemen before Campbell. In the 8 years prior to Campbell's arrival, so approximately the Rhodes era, we had at least 1 OL from Iowa every year except 2014. 2011, 2013 and 2015 all had two. I doubt Iowa's staff is losing a lot of sleep over us taking all of the good OL.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Tired of this BIG has defenses crap..its a little of both..defenses are decent but offense are sooooo bad it inflates defenses.

How were those mighty BIG defenses in bowl games last year when they played teams not in the BIG?

Clemson- 31
OSU- 0

USC scored 52 on penn state

FSU scored 33 on Michigan

Florida scored 30 on Iowa...and Florida offense was horrid all year.

TEnnessee scored 38 on Nebraska

ETC..ETC..ETC...

Iowa's defense gave up only 16 of those 30 points vs. Florida.

Clemson put up more points against Alabama than they did against OSU.

I'll give you Nebby for sure though, their D is rubbish. Iowa hung more points on them than the Vols did.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It's not like Iowa State has never gotten in-state linemen before Campbell. In the 8 years prior to Campbell's arrival, so approximately the Rhodes era, we had at least 1 OL from Iowa every year except 2014. 2011, 2013 and 2015 all had two. I doubt Iowa's staff is losing a lot of sleep over us taking all of the good OL.

Stop trying to use your facts and sound reasoning in what is the forum equivalent of /r/The_Donald for Cyclone athletics, particularly recruiting stories. :p

Reactions: isutrevman

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I thought he was for sure going to Iowa. However, they rubbed him wrong with not offering. They have been really impressed with Matt Campbell and staff and he knows he was a priority. I don't think he jumps on an Iowa offer. Sure there is always that possibility. However, I think he is pretty solid with Iowa State.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I thought he was for sure going to Iowa. However, they rubbed him wrong with not offering. They have been really impressed with Matt Campbell and staff and he knows he was a priority. I don't think he jumps on an Iowa offer. Sure there is always that possibility. However, I think he is pretty solid with Iowa State.

How can he go to Iowa without an offer?

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: Rural and The_Gent

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I agree. I think he is gone if Iowa offers. He is obviously an Iowa fan.

If he was a sure thing to Iowa if they offered why would he commit to the good guys now? If he really wanted to be a Hawkeye and Iowa State was nothing but plan B I would think that he would have let the process play out. Maybe he likes what he is seeing/hearing up in Ames and wants to be part of it.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
If he was a sure thing to Iowa if they offered why would he commit to the good guys now? If he really wanted to be a Hawkeye and Iowa State was nothing but plan B I would think that he would have let the process play out. Maybe he likes what he is seeing/hearing up in Ames and wants to be part of it.

I don't think that is the case. ISU has limited spots. If he waits, he might lose it to someone else. Now, I don't think Iowa offers anyway but I also don't think that committing now is some sign that he wouldn't go to Iowa if they offered.

• Agree
Reactions: The_Gent

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
They rubbed him wrong by not offering so he accepted our offer over theirs which he didn't have? I guess he showed them.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I don't think that is the case. ISU has limited spots. If he waits, he might lose it to someone else. Now, I don't think Iowa offers anyway but I also don't think that committing now is some sign that he wouldn't go to Iowa if they offered.

Of course Iowa is not going to offer. KF respects commitments and would not take a visit or extend an offer to a kid that is committed elsewhere, right?