RECRUITING: Wheeler impressed by Iowa State visit, eyes May 6 decision

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
It’s not that “gasp we went 0-3!”” It’s that we went 0-3 on the only likely targets for HS this spring..

I’m more concerned about landing another backcourt scoring option on the transfer market more than anything.. this team needs one more solid gobto scorer badly..

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Naysayers can relax, he hasn't officially announced yet. Crystal Balls be d*mned, Wheeler is as good as ours. I just sent him a totally legit coupon for a free lifetime supply of Clone Cones.

Did you remember to tell him the water is better here than in Georgia, too?

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Whenever somebody starts accusing somebody of having "alts," I always...

(1.) Imagine the accuser wearing a tinfoil hat. Probably made one for their dog, too.

(2.) Assume the accuser themselves has, in fact, alts.
Does that somehow mean you picture yourself wearing a tinfoil hat and assume you have alts?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Does that somehow mean you picture yourself wearing a tinfoil hat and assume you have alts?

I have never accused anybody of having an alt on here.

That level of up-your-own-butt seriousness on an Internet forum devoted to a college sports program is way too much for my little monkey brain to try to understand.

I am a well-known cat-lover, too.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm of the mindset that if we are going to be a tournament team next year, it's going to come from the improvement of the players we already have with possibly some help from a grad transfer. Even Hoiberg's teams never "reloaded" with grad transfers. Deadre Kane was great, but that team was really good because of Ejim turning himself into the Big 12 player of the year. Naz Long went from not even playing to becoming maybe the best 6th man in the conference and Niang also improved quite a bit going into that year. I'm not panicking over spring recruiting because I don't think a grad transfer is the difference between making the tournament or not. Whether or not Conditt, Young, Haliburton, Lewis and Griffin improve enough will be what makes or breaks our season. Some people act like landing a stud grand transfer or one of these high school players is the difference between a 22 win team and a 12 win team.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm of the mindset that if we are going to be a tournament team next year, it's going to come from the improvement of the players we already have with possibly some help from a grad transfer. Even Hoiberg's teams never "reloaded" with grad transfers. Deadre Kane was great, but that team was really good because of Ejim turning himself into the Big 12 player of the year. Naz Long went from not even playing to becoming maybe the best 6th man in the conference and Niang also improved quite a bit going into that year. I'm not panicking over spring recruiting because I don't think a grad transfer is the difference between making the tournament or not. Whether or not Conditt, Young, Haliburton, Lewis and Griffin improve enough will be what makes or breaks our season. Some people act like landing a stud grand transfer or one of these high school players is the difference between a 22 win team and a 12 win team.

I’m counting on Halliburton and Conditt improving, Jacobson being as solid as last year, and a healthy Solo. Not a bad returning core.

I think it’s going to come down to how much of an impact Nixon makes, and if we see any improvement from Terrence and Zion to see if we are a tournament team or not.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

I need you to be less:

dY6.gif

And more:

fu1_zpsb2303d0b.gif

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm not panicking because we have football. And I'm too old and too busy to panic about sports. But mostly football.

Reactions: isutrevman

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think landing a grad transfer wing is the difference between going to the tourney or not. I don't believe the team will be 2017 awful in any way.

I do believe if we roll into next season functionally with what we have now, and Prohm makes the tourney, he's Big 12 COY. We'd be picked toward the bottom of the league for sure and making it would mean guys on the roster made MAJOR strides. Not impossible, just not anything I'd be banking on.

If we roll out with this team. I don't think we make it to the tourney. Maybe not 2017 bad but still not good enough. Maybe an NIT type team. I think adding a grad transfer that can add 9 points 6 boards might put us up to the next level.
Still would like to get Grill. I see him going to UNLV though. Which again we lose to UNLV every time. It's actually funny how much better we are year in and year out than the team we always lose recruiting battles to.