RECRUITING: THT commits

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think we struggle quite a bit this year, but it's going to be very short lived. Very excited about the future!

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Huge commitment! Thank you, THT, and welcome!

I can’t wait to see him helping us dethron KU. I don’t think we’ve had freshman guard comparable to THT. We’ve had a lot of success with mismatches, and he’s a mismatch at guard. I think he could develop into a DeAndre Kane role.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
....if any of that is even true. It's pretty gossipy.
https://www.thechampaignroom.com/20...i-iowa-state-cyclones-underwood-irvin-dosunmu

More smoke but they do give made props to CSP An excerpt from article below.

"Steve Prohm has recruited the heck out of Illinois, and he deserves all the credit in the world. THT will be joining George Conditt and Zion Griffin on a Cyclones team that is definitely on the up-and-up. It is a shame this monumental victory for Iowa State seems to feel so wrong. Prohm deserves praise, he has done what few blue blood schools can even do. As I said before, the recruiting landscape here is as difficult as any to maneuver"

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Great 4 year player. Going to be a headache for other teams.

Remember when some people were worried about crystal ball picks? That was fun.

Also doubly fun is Roy Schmidt right now.
Please share. He won't accept new Follow requests.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think we struggle quite a bit this year, but it's going to be very short lived. Very excited about the future!

I think they'll ascend throughout the year, and there will be lots to build on for the next year. Fun stuff.

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
I don't know...the more I read about this...the more I'm thinking BS.

But the tweets do give me pause.

Regardless, I think it shows how Illinois isn't just dysfunctional from a State Government standpoint. :eek:

Cat

Aug 15, 2017
Please share. He won't accept new Follow requests.

Roy Schmidt‏ @prepbullseye 2h2 hours ago

Why would any Illini fan like this little puke Jeremy Werner? He doesn't deserve a radio show and is a LOSER.

Roy Schmidt‏ @prepbullseye 2h2 hours ago

You read the latest Tweet from Shirley Horton and you can just tell that deep down she really wanted her son to go to Illinois. And when she says "we did what we had to do" it is because it was the only option. I feel so bad for both her and Talen.

Roy Schmidt‏ @prepbullseye 36m36 minutes ago

Going to say this right now: Illinois has now burned a bridge with Simeon they did not want to burn. NO other coach in the Chicago Public League has been more loyal to the Illini program than Robert Smith and I respect him for that.

11 replies 0 retweets 24 likes

Translation: Wah wah blah blah blah

Reactions: ILikeCy

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Welcome aboard. I don't care if he was all set to go to Illinois or MSU. Prohm wanted him, prioritized him and I think he's going to be a hell of a player for us. We basically got Monte this way and coaches weren't smart enough to see that Georges was the best player on a team with Noel and Seldon. Maroons.

Enjoy the Cyclone love THT, your in good hands now. Dilly Dilly

Cat

Aug 15, 2017
Taking 2 recruits Kansas wanted is even sweeter

Most likely conditional offers, regardless of whatever the talking hairpiece says.

I think Zion Williamson ends up at UK anyway but I don't think KU would take a recruit that would potentially impacts him (Zion Griffin) or Grimes/Langford (THT).

Griffin made the right choice not opting into the wing/combo forward meat grinder at KU.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
https://www.thechampaignroom.com/20...i-iowa-state-cyclones-underwood-irvin-dosunmu

More smoke but they do give made props to CSP An excerpt from article below.

"Steve Prohm has recruited the heck out of Illinois, and he deserves all the credit in the world. THT will be joining George Conditt and Zion Griffin on a Cyclones team that is definitely on the up-and-up. It is a shame this monumental victory for Iowa State seems to feel so wrong. Prohm deserves praise, he has done what few blue blood schools can even do. As I said before, the recruiting landscape here is as difficult as any to maneuver"

This doesn't feel wrong to me. We had posters telling us days ago if Ayo signed to Illinois THT would be choosing ISU or Xavier. I find this whirlwind of the last 24 hours hard to believe. My take this is just social media fantasy.

Cat

Aug 15, 2017
This whole Ayo-THT thing has legs. Fraschilla even tweeting about it. Either way, I doubt he commits to us unless he actually was happy to come here.

According to some it has nothing to do with Ayo himself, but instead Mike Irvin.

From that earlier article this is a comment for anyone interested. Seeing some similar stuff on twitter.

"This has nothing to do with Ayo or his parents. It is 100% the scuz bucket Irvin. Talen didn’t kiss the ring and that pissed off scum bucket. Ayo wanted THT on the team and was recruiting him. Irvin gave the staff the ultimatum that if they didn’t pull THT’s offer that they wouldn’t get the 3 five star players on the fire who will be in the 19 & 20 classes. Irvin is piece of garbage who is bad for the game. Tucker wanted to be here, we wanted him and Ayo and his family wanted him (don’t believe the BS that they didn’t want him..they want to win and aren’t stupid)."