RECRUITING: The latest on Talen Horton-Tucker

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Recently picked up offers from Michigan State and Kansas, which obviously isn't ideal.

It seems like Iowa State is going to stay the course though. I do not expect the Prohm staff to bail out early on this one. They feel like they are in a good position. We'll see.

Situations like these usually don't turn out well for Iowa State - especially ones that extend beyond the summer. Usually top high school prospects who sign with Iowa State are ones that commit early.

That's the latest though. Expect the Cyclones to keep pressing.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
ISU can still offer an opportunity to play immediately. I don't know if I could say the same for MSU or KU.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I thought THT was going to be a fall commit. Did he change that to spring or am I thinking of someone else?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think both could depending on who leaves.

This is the key. Probably no harm in recruiting him this fall, although I'm not sure I would turn down someone like Zion Griffen or Ahrens to wait on a unicorn.

If he pushes his date back to spring, you know it's over.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
We are certainly not going to get all the highly rated players that we recruit, but we're going to get our share. If you look at all the studs that have passed through here, almost all of them had opportunities to go to some big name schools, and chose Iowa State instead.

Problem is, usually those guys have committed by now. Wigginton is the one example who went the other way. They could very well pull this off but generally in recruiting, the longer these deals go, the worse it is for ISU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Problem is, usually those guys have committed by now. Wigginton is the one example who went the other way. They could very well pull this off but generally in recruiting, the longer these deals go, the worse it is for ISU.

I don't think we're going to get out first commitment for a month which is going to seem like an eternity.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
The thing that sucks is it will come down to us and someone else and they never pick us it seems like. Even though recruits have done just that plenty of times. I always forget that guys like Wiggington did pick us. I just remember all the failures. Hopefully we get some good guys commiting soon. I hate having to wait till the spring to start signing guys. usually when that happens the guys we get are not even on the radar at this point and are back up or back up to back ups options.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

Terrence Lewis didn't recruit until August 9th. We got most of our commitments last year after September, even if half of them didn't stick.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Help Support Us

Become a patron