RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
So I'll throw out a theory on why no commitment yet. Maybe...just maybe...Juiston is waiting to see if a program or multiple programs have players who declared for the draft but have not hired an agent. He's waiting to see if these players return to school as this could and would affect his decision to commit to that school. Because as far as we know he's only taking two official visit so far I believe - Iowa State and DePaul. Again, just a theory...thoughts?

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
So I'll throw out a theory on why no commitment yet. Maybe...just maybe...Juiston is waiting to see if a program or multiple programs have players who declared for the draft but have not hired an agent. He's waiting to see if these players return to school as this could and would affect his decision to commit to that school. Because as far as we know he's only taking two official visit so far I believe - Iowa State and DePaul. Again, just a theory...thoughts?

3 visits, he's also been to UNLV, and there was some talk that he was going to visit Rhode Island this weekend, although that talk has died down.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015

My theory is he won't make a decision until after May 1st. I still think he is going to visit Kansas at the end of April like originally planned no matter what all the pundits say. If Kansas didn't want him they wouldn't have made the offer.

• Disagree
  • Creative
Reactions: isutrevman and jim4

igraves679

Aug 9, 2016
My theory is he won't make a decision until after May 1st. I still think he is going to visit Kansas at the end of April like originally planned no matter what all the pundits say. If Kansas didn't want him they wouldn't have made the offer.
Kansas filled last scholly unless Svi stays in the draft, and nobody is predicting that. So there is no room at KU unless Juiston walks on.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Kansas filled last scholly unless Svi stays in the draft, and nobody is predicting that. So there is no room at KU unless Juiston walks on.

I'm pretty sure our win in Lawrence happened because we had multiple guys that abused Svi. I didn't even realize he declared.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Something about this recruitment process seems really weird to me. There seems to be a new school involved every week. First DePaul, then RI, then...??? Either Juiston doesn't want to come here or his handlers don't want him to come here.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Something about this recruitment process seems really weird to me. There seems to be a new school involved every week. First DePaul, then RI, then...??? Either Juiston doesn't want to come here or his handlers don't want him to come here.

I agree his handlers are influencing however we didn't hear too much from him during the recruiting process so maybe these teams were always players for him.

He's been pretty quiet overall. Hard to get a feel for him.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Former AAU coach and good friend at DePaul, and Rhode Island was on his original list weeks ago. Plus no one has said Juiston has handlers.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
This is interesting could affect both the Elijah Brown and Shakur Juiston decision.

McCoy is a 5 star C/PF. Was thought to be an Oregon lean.

@KP_Williams Brandon McCoy is headed to #UNLV

Any way that this increases Juiston's want to go to UNLV, since they will have more talent/better team/etc?

• Useful
Reactions: CTTB78

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015

What's really weird to me is UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.