RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Once he makes it official, you have to think the staff will put the full court press on Morrow. I know hes not eligible for next year, but you have to start to think about the future and hope Lard, Kasongo, and Young can hold down the front court next year
I don't think missing on Juiston changes the effort on Morrow much at all.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
My inside sources are telling me the same thing. But this is recruiting so things can change quickly and sometimes weird things happen.

Reactions: goclones69

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
My inside sources are telling me the same thing. But this is recruiting so things can change quickly and sometimes weird things happen.

Didn't he just get there today? And just like that he's considered basically gone.

If so.well..have fun winning 12 games in front of 2000 people I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: ZB4CY

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think I'll wait and see before just chalking it up as over due to what a couple anonymous message board posters are hearing (no offense) from probably 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon away from the man himself. I wouldn't rule out DePaul though, simply because you look at the top recruits every year and you see all kinds of weird, weird commitments from great players to bad schools.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think I'll wait and see before just chalking it up as over due to what a couple anonymous message board posters are hearing (no offense) from probably 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon away from the man himself. I wouldn't rule out DePaul though, simply because you look at the top recruits every year and you see all kinds of weird, weird commitments from great players to bad schools.

This is still one of the more hilarious distributions of team +/- that I have ever seen...

upload_2017-4-21_14-33-44.png

Compare that to ours last year...

upload_2017-4-21_14-34-23.png

Their best guy was better than Monté.

Their next best guy was basically Solomon.

There is a Grand Canyon in the middle there.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Some other juco forwards we were mentioned with:
Thornton committed to Memphis yesterday
Davenport committed to Memphis on April 9th
Rodriguez seems to still be available

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
Sucks to be him.

Super frustrating as we did everything we could. Some recruits prioritize certain things more than others, and I guess winning isn't a priority of his like what was being reported

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Super frustrating as we did everything we could. Some recruits prioritize certain things more than others, and I guess winning isn't a priority of his like what was being reported

Also have to remember it was never Juiston saying that was a priority. that was his JUCO coach, and how knows how much he actually spoke for Juiston. I think he wanted to push Juiston in the KU/ISU direction and other forces wanted him to go the another direction.

• Agree
Reactions: goclones69

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I don't know how coaches do it. If the rumors are true, Depaul is basically going to beat out Kansas and ISU on a recruit. There's no logical reason that should happen.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
He arrived to DePaul on Tuesday and left yesterday.

If it was DePaul I would have expected the decision yesterday. That said thanks for the posters that are sharing what they are hearing. At this point even if it is DePaul I just want a decision from Shakur so the staff can evaluate there options.

One thought of hope here is Wigginton's commitment week were it went from all signs pointing to Oregon to committing ISU overnight. Since there was no announcement on his visit he may be leaning but still weighing his options. Prohm shill may have a pitch to give.

Reactions: Clones15 and ComCY

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I don't know how coaches do it. If the rumors are true, Depaul is basically going to beat out Kansas and ISU on a recruit. There's no logical reason that should happen.

I think KU basically let him go. They had other priorities and were recruiting him in a backup roll.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
If it was DePaul I would have expected the decision yesterday. That said thanks for the posters that are sharing what they are hearing. At this point even if it is DePaul I just want a decision from Shakur so the staff can evaluate there options.

One thought of hope here is Wigginton's commitment week were it went from all signs pointing to Oregon to committing ISU overnight. Since there was no announcement on his visit he may be leaning but still weighing his options. Prohm shill may have a pitch to give.

My hope as well....if he left without signing.....that's a good glimmer of hope. Might seem like a cool idea at the time....then step away and realize that program is horrid, they don't win and fans sometimes don't even get over 1000? Woof.

Reactions: FinalFourCy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron