RECRUITING: Players Iowa State is involved with during the spring cycle

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Brown or Alstork, I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was Alstork because CW has brought his name up a couple times and nobody else really has

But if you notice in Chris's article he said something like "he wanted to see what kind of player would be running the point for the next few years", which made me think it wasn't a one year guy.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
But if you notice in Chris's article he said something like "he wanted to see what kind of player would be running the point for the next few years", which made me think it wasn't a one year guy.

Wish CW would just say who it was. Not sure why that is a big secret?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Curious to what people think our % chance ( random, I know ) of getting Shakur. Yes, I understand the thoughts already posted on here..... about taking his time, respect that he wants to do all his visits, more reserved about his recruiting. And obviously, we don't know what the coaches all know or have done, but we've been told they've done about as much as humanly possible to get him here and make him feel needed/wanted. So, is anyone getting the feeling that if he was really sold on being a Cyclone, he would have pulled the trigger by now? Or maybe his family is having some influence over his decision? All I know is, we would have never got Kane if not for his momma. He didn't want to come here, but she was persistent that he not go back to Pittsburgh area.

Jared's guess was 75% on the live podcast. Yeah, that's a number that only represents how good he feels about the situation, but I'll take a larger number as a positive thing.

goclones69

Aug 5, 2012

Yeah I noticed that too. Its definitely not a grad transfer. My guess is maybe Morrow?

Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
So I just flipped a coin for each. So to prevent any further angst among the fan base the decisions are:

Juiston ISU
Brown ISU
Alstork Not ISU
Brooks Not ISU
Morrow Not ISU

There you have it. All that is left is filling that 4th scholarship or carrying it over. Welcome Juiston & Brown to ISU.
That seems legit to me

• Useful
Reactions: Stormin

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Reading Oregons 247 site definitely thinks Brown is Oregon bound

I'm sure they do. I noticed under Rothstein's tweet today about Brown's visit with us, a poster asked him why he didn't mention Coach Few meeting with Brown's dad at a Warrior's practice. Tell me that isn't an advantage.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Brown or Alstork, I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was Alstork because CW has brought his name up a couple times and nobody else really has

That's an interesting thought on Alstork. I was thinking maybe Morrow, since I think that big men are more reliant on guard's games than guards are to other guards. Also, being from Chicago, surely he has handlers.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
That's an interesting thought on Alstork. I was thinking maybe Morrow, since I think that big men are more reliant on guard's games than guards are to other guards. Also, being from Chicago, surely he has handlers.
whiguyblink.gif

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Am I crazy for thinking it might be a good idea to bank one of these remaining schollys?

Save it for another '18 HS kid or a midyear transer..if we fill all 3 of these remaining we'll only have one for next year (before attrition, that always happens, blah blah blah, I know)

Ideally, we don't bank a scholarship because I think Juiston, Morrow, Brooks and Brown are all high quality players/recruits. That said, our banking 1 scholarship isn't a bad thing based on the HS seniors we are recruiting.

IMO the staff would like a minimum of 3 scholarships for next fall. A fall class of Green (pg), Thompson (pf), Moss, Etc. (wing) could be special. They may still get that with a 4 person spring class with 1 grad transfer. Does Long transfer? Does Kosango move on if he doesn't play 10+mpg next season?

I think this staff looks 2-3 years ahead with recruiting.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013

Would love to hear CW thoughts on Alstork. I'm not sure if he is at liberty to share at the moment. He also mentioned how intrigued Prohm was by Shayok after his visit in an article a couple weeks back but didn't elaborate. Wouldn't mind hearing more there as well. It sounds like Prohm is extremely high on him.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Would love to hear CW thoughts on Alstork. I'm not sure if he is at liberty to share at the moment. He also mentioned how intrigued Prohm was by Shayok after his visit in an article a couple weeks back but didn't elaborate. Wouldn't mind hearing more there as well. It sounds like Prohm is extremely high on him.

CW coming away from the weekend makes me curious which of Edward and Shayok Prohm preferred? Like you said CW mentioning how impressed he was after meeting with Shayok and both committing on the same day leads me to think ISU may have had a choice and leaned to Shayok. I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards was aware or Marial's plan to commit to ISU when he chose the Tigers. I do think the staff liked and would have taken both but due to the position numbers it really didn't make sense.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
CW coming away from the weekend makes me curious which of Edward and Shayok Prohm preferred? Like you said CW mentioning how impressed he was after meeting with Shayok and both committing on the same day leads me to think ISU may have had a choice and leaned to Shayok. I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards was aware or Marial's plan to commit to ISU when he chose the Tigers. I do think the staff liked and would have taken both but due to the position numbers it really didn't make sense.

Yeah I agree. Id imagine Prohm was honest with Edwards with his plans to go hard after Shayok and a 5th year grad transfer as well. If we end up landing Brown or Alstork for 2017 and Shayok waiting in the wings for 2018 Edwards likely would have earned spot minutes at best. I don't think that fact was lost on him.

• Friendly
Reactions: tallclone84

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron