RECRUITING: Osun Osunniyi commits

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Full coverage below.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Seems like a player who would mean more to TJ's style of play than he would at most programs. The defense is obviously great but it seems like a loooooooong time since we had a big man who can finish at high % around the rim and that would have helped us so much last year when we got into scoring slumps.

Still need to infuse some shooting, but I wonder if a guy like this opens up some shots and mid range game for a guy like Jaz.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Seems like a player who would mean more to TJ's style of play than he would at most programs. The defense is obviously great but it seems like a loooooooong time since we had a big man who can finish at high % around the rim and that would have helped us so much last year when we got into scoring slumps.
Swatter/Flusher, I like to call it.

Reactions: HFCS

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Full coverage below.

Hold up- looking at the dates on those articles, are you psychic?

Reactions: st8ia49

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Let's now get AJ Green and I'll suddenly be feeling pretty good about next year

I think it would probably be a deeper and more well rounded roster than last year...although need to wait and see about the "get buckets" factor of Green vs IB last year in the Big 12, knowing the Big 12 isn't just tougher than the MVC, it's been tougher than every conference. IB just went nuts in a few games like only a small handful of players in the conference could.

This commit today could fill some voids even some of our successful teams have had.

Every team is going to have more unknowns every year now, people say "defense travels" but it'll be interesting to see if defense remains as a culture with such high change and turnover of rosters year to year.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
You weren’t feeling good about it before? Our defense isn’t stopping with or without TH. We can win plenty of games on that especially in the non-con.

I was feeling alright about our team without AJ, but if we get AJ, I go from feeling alright to quite good. I still think our current team has a massive offensive hole needing to be filled where AJ would fit the bill.