RECRUITING: Iowa State earns commitment from Army WR transfer

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
RECRUITING: Iowa State has earned a wide receiver commitment out of Army transfer Isaiah Alston.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Neat. We need experience and he likely had great discipline. Probably could catch more passes in 1 game here than in a while year there.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
So at this point, portal guys the Clones have added:
  1. OL: Dylan Barrett from Wisky
  2. PK: Carter Davis from FAU
  3. RB/KR: Jaylon Jackson from EMU
  4. WR: Isaiah Alston from Army
  5. DE: Kenard Snyder from ULM
Interesting that we had 14 guys transfer out (per 247sports) and the split was 6 offense/8 defense. But the portal focus on offense.

Also Eli Sanders committed to New Mexico, so only Myles Norwood appears to not have found transfer home.

247 Sports ISU Tfr Portal

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
So at this point, portal guys the Clones have added:
  1. OL: Dylan Barrett from Wisky
  2. PK: Carter Davis from FAU
  3. RB/KR: Jaylon Jackson from EMU
  4. WR: Isaiah Alston from Army
  5. DE: Kenard Snyder from ULM
Interesting that we had 14 guys transfer out (per 247sports) and the split was 6 offense/8 defense. But the portal focus on offense.

Also Eli Sanders committed to New Mexico, so only Myles Norwood appears to not have found transfer home.

247 Sports ISU Tfr Portal
Most of the defense players we lost were just depth pieces. Many of them were not going to see many snaps

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Didn’t see that. My bad.
I could be mistaken as well. It was hard to tell if he was a junior this upcoming year or if he just finished his junior season

can someone smarter than me confirm his eligibility? Does he have one or two years left?

Last edited:

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I could be mistaken as well. It was hard to tell if he was a junior this upcoming year or if he just finished his junior season

can someone smarter than me confirm his eligibility? Does he have one or two years left?
My GUESS is 2 years...

2020: First year he only played 2 games and it was 2020 (so free COVID year)
2021/2022: Used two years of eligibility (over 4 games each year)
2023: Appears to have only played in 4 games meaning he may have asked to red shirt in order to transfer. (Note that he led Army in receiving even though he only played 4 games and also tied for most TDs of any WR).

So, I *THINK* he decided to transfer and sat after 4 games in order to count 2023 as a red shirt year. Then he gets 2020 COVID year... so, 2 years left.

Not sure though.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
RECRUITING: Iowa State has earned a wide receiver commitment out of Army transfer Isaiah Alston.

Welcome to Iowa State Isaiah!

Who needs AI? We've got IA!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Didn't realize you could transfer out of the service academies. Just never thought about it. I know they are pretty elite to get into.

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Didn't realize you could transfer out of the service academies. Just never thought about it. I know they are pretty elite to get into.
I was generally thinking the same. He must have gotten some kind of special grant or waiver?

@Connor_Ferguson, could you fill us in on the Army transfer details, and whether or not he is still obligated to the Army in the future?

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron