RECRUITING INSIDER: Darren Wilson (2019 JUCO WR)

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
JJ benched around 350-375 lbs.

JJ benched around 350-375 lbs. One of the strongest guys for his size ISU has had. A dynamo, especially when he would run over D-backs

He probably would have been an outstanding rb too if they ever yried him there.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
You got me. I was trying to be careful to say that they were listed at those heights but I failed on Schleker. I agree that players heights - especially those south of 6' - are very often greatly exaggerated.

Wasn't JJ Moses about that same height? He was a terror for opposing defenses.

EDIT: Yup, just looked it up. He was listed at 5-6 in the NFL - the shortest player in the league at the time.
Sorry, wasn't trying to do a "GOTCHA," just felt like some would appreciate the discrepancy between his listed height and reality. I knew you were stating listed heights.

• Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Interesting to hear Jay Jordan say the the staff likes this kid a whole lot more than people think. Sounds like we could have a really talented wide receiver room this season.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Glass himself refers to himself as a WR actually.

Check out Leonard Glass (@speedyglass_): https://twitter.com/speedyglass_?s=01

It will be interesting to see what they do with Glass. I doubt that he plays much this year unless he can somehow grab the PR position. But I feel like we won't know for sure where he ends up until this spring. Nice problem to have. We have not heard a ton about Schleker since he arrived in Ames, so assuming Milton moves back to the slot next year, the backup to his spot seems wide open. I could see Glass taking it. I could even see Re-Al Mitchell moving over there if QB depth is good.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron