RECRUITING: Football commits

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
Wow what a great and unexpected signing. Wonder if he'll redshirt this year or if he signed now bc he thinks he can get immediate pt

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Yeah... I got that part. I guess I was more interested in an answer to the second half of my question.
I'd say that's why you reclassify, to get on campus and compete for a spot this year.
On paper it looks like we have decent OL depth this year so may you plan to redshirt but hope that he's ready to go if needed.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I think the only thing he'd redshirt for is learning and getting up to B12 speed... no reason to redshirt to put on weight. That's a big boy right there...

I'd bet he plays a little this season.

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
They can play four games and still redshirt due to new rule change right

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I think our starting line is going to be bigger than Iowa's when it comes to sheer size and weight. These guys are all huge.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't think you can judge too much just on size. Nearly everyone has huge OL's nowadays. Even MAC teams. Heck, even UNI. Being 6'5" and 300+ is pretty much the average now.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I don't think you can judge too much just on size. Nearly everyone has huge OL's nowadays. Even MAC teams. Heck, even UNI. Being 6'5" and 300+ is pretty much the average now.
Ya, maybe it doesn't really warrant the effort especially when my message I was working on got delelted through my multi-tude of tabs searching information.

Either way from what I can see they are very similar, and we may even be larger if Foster and Knipfel are starters. We will dwarf most lines, with 3 guys over 6'7''.

Size and weight aren't everything but ISU hasn't always had the luxury of large bodies as we do now.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Ya, maybe it doesn't really warrant the effort especially when my message I was working on got delelted through my multi-tude of tabs searching information.

Either way from what I can see they are very similar, and we may even be larger if Foster and Knipfel are starters. We will dwarf most lines, with 3 guys over 6'7''.

Size and weight aren't everything
but ISU hasn't always had the luxury of large bodies as we do now.

Whattttttttt? You can teach technique, add some muscle / quickness and improve on toughness, BUT size coming in as freshmen is the key to everything in my humble [cough, hack] opinion.

Reactions: cyence and cyfan21

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron