Votes: 55 48.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 35 30.7%
  • Only if it's Clobefreeek

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Yes. Because it is their space. Period. For bags, laptops, legs, food, etc.

What dumbass selfish logic this is "I have the ability therefore its ok".

The person has the right to recline their seat. Your space begins where their recline ends. If they put seat in upright position then the allow you to use “their space” when they are not using it.

Personal bag is to be stored UNDER the seat. Not on your lap.

Seats are not meant to store all that crap. Just the passenger. I check my bag. Or are you trying to save money there also. Food? Other than a small snack in your personal bag why would you need to bring food on a 4 hour flight? They do sell snacks on the plane. Drinks too.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The person has the right to recline their seat. Your space begins where their recline ends. If they put seat in upright position then the allow you to use “their space” when they are not using it.

Personal bag is to be stored UNDER the seat. Not on your lap.

Seats are not meant to store all that crap. Just the passenger. I check my bag. Or are you trying to save money there also. Food? Other than a small snack in your personal bag why would you need to bring food on a 4 hour flight? They do sell snacks on the plane. Drinks too.

Absolutely some the most terrible logic i've read on this site. Every single other thing about personal space on a flight would indicate that the space in front of a passenger is their space, but because you have the ability to do something, well then it must be ok. Thinking the space behind you is somehow your space in just about any vehicle is braindead logic.

KCCLONE712

Jun 29, 2011
I don't recline unless I am in business. When I'm back with the peasants I never recline, however, if the person behind me reclines I purposely recline.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
The real question is if you recline your seat, can the plane take off if it is on a treadmill.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Absolutely some the most terrible logic i've read on this site. Every single other thing about personal space on a flight would indicate that the space in front of a passenger is their space, but because you have the ability to do something, well then it must be ok. Thinking the space behind you is somehow your space in just about any vehicle is braindead logic.

Tell the flight attendant that you refuse to allow the seat in front of yo to recline.

You are inconsiderate of others when you are filling the seat space with bags, food, and laptops. You really need to buy the additional space you need. They sell It. But you are too cheap. I am sitting in the premium areas that I pay for. Reclining is allowed. They bring me complimentary snacks and drinks. And you will be bouncing in your crowded back seat far away from me and my reclining fellow passengers at the front of the plane.

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Airline seats don't recline. Heck, the driver's seat in my car is set to lean back further than any airline seat.

• Agree
Reactions: Agclone91

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Tell the flight attendant that you refuse to allow the seat in front of yo to recline.

You are inconsiderate of others when you are filling the seat space with bags, food, and laptops. You really need to buy the additional space you need. They sell It. But you are too cheap. I am sitting in the premium areas that I pay for. Reclining is allowed. We paid for extra room. They bring me complimentary snacks and drinks. And you will be bouncing in your crowded back seat. You are too big for a standard seat. Buy a bigger one.

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

You are inconsiderate of others when you are filling the seat space with bags, food, and laptops. You really need to buy the additional space you need. They sell It. But you are too cheap. I am sitting in the premium areas that I pay for. Reclining is allowed. They bring me complimentary snacks and drinks. And you will be bouncing in your crowded back seat far away from me and my reclining fellow passengers at the front of the plane.

I bought the space for my laptop when I bought my seat. Its the tray table. When the seat reclines, that can make it impossible for the laptop to be open.

Has nothing to do with "being cheap". But all too typical for your set that thinks their money gives them the right to be an inconsiderate jackass to everyone around them.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I bought the space for my laptop when I bought my seat. Its the tray table. When the seat reclines, that can make it impossible for the laptop to be open.

Has nothing to do with "being cheap". But all too typical for your set that thinks their money gives them the right to be an inconsiderate jackass to everyone around them.

The seats at the front allow for plenty of room. It is wonderful. Everyone else around me is comfortable as well. Everyone has plenty of room. And free drinks and snacks. Very relaxing. It really isn’t that expensive.

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson and Spam

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Reclining is a **** move that tells everyone that your comfort is more important than the people behind you. I spent a two hour flight with my knee firmly embedded in the back of someone's seat because they did that.
This is where I'm at. I never recline out of respect for the person behind me. There's such little space in these seats as is, taking away even more from the person behind you is a d*ck move IMO.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Does this carry over to cars too? Do people put their front seats as far back as they go regardless of who may be sitting behind them? Or do they check to see if the rear passengers have enough room even though "the car companies made the seats to go back that far?"

@alarson if it's not clear, I am agreeing with you. Gotta be nice to those around you.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I recline a small amount on all flights, just to take pressure off my back.

I recline all the way on my 14 hr hellacious flights.

I get annoyed at people who launch it all the way back on a 45 minute regional flight and have to pee 4 times.

I ******* hate flying.

Reactions: stateofmind

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
fd6256f84788096d2c5543cf36217f75.jpg

Problem solved.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Unless you're in a seat with a premium seat behind you (and why wouldn't you be unless you're some dirty peasant back there in coach) then reclining in your seat is an act of absolute barbarism.

Otherwise, it is fine. There's space enough to do it without being a jerk.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
It's a **** move, but I haven't been bothered by it too much. I get more annoyed at the people that try to jump ahead of others when exiting a plane.

• Winner
Reactions: ianoconnor

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
It absolutely is invading their space. There's a reason tray tables and all the otherthings on the back of the chairs exist. The space between the passenger and the seat ahead (including under the seat ahead) is that passenger's space for their legs, food, drinks, laptops, etc. Nearly had a laptop broken once by some jackass who slammed their seat back.

The seats are able to recline because there are times when people will be mutually ok with it. Particularly on flights at night when much of the flight is sleepin
It absolutely is invading their space. There's a reason tray tables and all the otherthings on the back of the chairs exist. The space between the passenger and the seat ahead (including under the seat ahead) is that passenger's space for their legs, food, drinks, laptops, etc. Nearly had a laptop broken once by some jackass who slammed their seat back.

The seats are able to recline because there are times when people will be mutually ok with it. Particularly on flights at night when much of the flight is sleeping.
Why then is it my choice to recline my seat? If it was a mutual decision then it would be some form of mutual/communal choice? The chairs recline 3 inches maybe, if that makes a person uncomfortable then maybe they shouldn’t have gotten on a plane on a coach seat.

Can people take their shoes off on a plane?

Can a mother breast feed in her seat?

Should people bring babies on planes?

All these things are personal choices that some could be uncomfortable with or annoyed by or whatever feeling someone my have. Recline your seat and reclaim your three inches. They all recline, unless you are in the last row then you are SOL.

We have lost ability to deal with **** in this country. Reclining a chair on an airplane is nothing more than that. If someone is uncomfortable reclining their own seat that’s a them problem not a we problem.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron