Real? Posted by Hokeye Heaven

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
This story as told by Jennifer Lawrence.

You know you made a public tweeet instead of a dm, right?
200w.webp

His initial repsonse
200w.webp

His realization of what happened
200w.webp

the reaction after this all blows over
200w.webp

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
It is not on Hofher's twitter page now. Could be fake.

Tweeting it was really dumb. Leaving it up on Twitter would probably make him the dumbest human on Earth.

He tweeted it to 2 members of the Iowa staff, Blair Sanderson who covers Iowa for Rivals and like 5 other people.

And your response is it could be fake. Bahahahahaha

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Tweeting it was really dumb. Leaving it up on Twitter would probably make him the dumbest human on Earth.

He tweeted it to 2 members of the Iowa staff, Blair Sanderson who covers Iowa for Rivals and like 5 other people.

Which is exactly why people are being suspicious that it could be fake. Why tag them if it was supposed to be a private DM to ISU staffers?

Anyway, I'm not making an excuse, just explaining the logic behind some peoples suspicion of the tweet.

I agree it was dumb if he meant for this comment to be public. If it wasn't meant to be public, thats a big whoops. Most of us have done something like that before but aren't in the public eye like these guys.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

I think it’s a real tweet, but was a mistake. A really dumb mistake.

Same level of dumbness as that Iowa staffer going on record last week saying farmers don’t need to go to college.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I love how some people are saying how this is a recruiting violation. I suppose technically it is, but it's not like he was attempting to recruit the kid. He literally said they've already passed on the kid.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
You and every other Hawk fan right now. This just isn't any sort of big deal. The NCAA won't even hear of it, regardless of how many of your brethren send it to them.

You’re right, the NCAA won’t do anything about it. It just adds to the hilarity of the situation. The guy, with one tweet, called out a high school kid, committed an NCAA violation all while just a few days ago mocked another school on Twitter for their own recruiting snafu.

Last edited:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
You’re right, the NCAA won’t do anything about it. It just adds to the hilarity of the situation. The guy, with one tweet, called out a high school kid, committed an NCAA violation all while just a few days ago mocked another school on Twitter for their own recruiting snafu.

That's a pretty big difference (still obviously a mistake). But, yes I'm aware of the irony.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Called out a high school kid?

His job is to evaluate high school talent. Obviously he didn't mean to put it out to the public.

I can guarantee you worse things are said behind closed doors at every school.

Really a stupid mistake on his part but let's not pretend that he verbally attacked the kid.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Called out a high school kid?

His job is to evaluate high school talent. Obviously he didn't mean to put it out to the public.

I can guarantee you worse things are said behind closed doors at every school.

Really a stupid mistake on his part but let's not pretend that he verbally attacked the kid.

Of all the posters in the ISR forum, you would be my last choice as one who would defend the assistant coach.....WOW!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
To me its less hilarious than say, Barta contacting ISU's opponents when an Iowa fan steals from Iowa players.

Do I think Hofher tweeted it? Yes. Do I think he meant to make it public? No. Does it make it right? No. Will he learn from it? Probably.
Do we know if Hawkeye Heaven has lied in the past on their published materials? Yes, and they've been called out on it.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Do we know if Hawkeye Heaven has lied in the past on their published materials? Yes, and they've been called out on it.

No idea what you are talking about, I dont follow them on FB though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron