Randy On Cyclone Insider

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Chris talked about giving up hosting that show today. Please god don’t. He’s the only reason I listen, keeping randy and tommy’s Stumbling tongue at bay is a tough job. They both suck so bad at radio. If tommy can write why the hell can’t he string together a sentence, does he have a speech impediment?

• Agree
Reactions: dawgpound

IH8Iowa24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2016
IMO Randy’s definitely that seasoned veteran where age has taken a terrible toll on him mentally. You can tell just by listening to him on the radio. I’ve never been a fan but it’s turned into a dumpster fire over the last few years.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
What. A. ****. Show.

He claimed that our RBs went down on first contact every time vs UNI and he was ADAMANT about it. “Cyclone fans aren’t used to that!”, he said .I was thinking to myself, “that didn’t happen.”

So now I’m going back and watching the condensed version of the game and lo and behold, our RBs we’re getting through first contact often and easily and in to the second level all game.

Sorry for another Randy thread but guy is a moron. Great contacts, knows nothing about actually playing sports.
I'm a little confused. I think the #1 thing people seem to agree about (perhaps other than Kene) is that the running backs did NOT do a good job of getting all of the yardage that was available from the run blocking. Add to that how Montgomery would noticably get "extra" yards after contact often. I totally agreed with what I though Randy was saying (we're used to Montgomery getting everything-possible-and-a-little-extra-basically-every-run but against UNI that rarely happened).

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I’d like to think the guy has paid his dues and maybe would be good to have a beer with or something but god damn it man. How do you constantly do your job so poorly? I mean for Christ sakes...

You sound like my boss.

And possibly my wife.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Lang goes down too easily. He also cut behind his downfield blockers on one run instead of outside where he would have scored. Nwangwu also goes down too easily, but his speed outside makes up for it some. He was the key on the TD drive to start the second half vs UNI. Hall does a really good job of running through contact for a FR. But he's maybe a little indecisive getting to the hole. That will improve over time. I actually thought that Croney played the best out of any of them against UNI. He probably earned the start on Saturday, but that fumble is a concern.

Croney is good when there is a hole, but he struggles to make something out of nothing. Lang has good patience, and Hall showed flashes of really good feet. Kene is a different type of back. They were all close, but I'd like to see more of Hall. Croney's ball security is an issue. He likes to spin back into traffic, which is bad news.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Iowa State Running backs have the Barry Sanders problem. Emmitt Smith had the great lines, Barry had crappy offensive lines but made the best out of it. I would have loved to see Montgomery run behind a good powerfull offensive line.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Croney is good when there is a hole, but he struggles to make something out of nothing. Lang has good patience, and Hall showed flashes of really good feet. Kene is a different type of back. They were all close, but I'd like to see more of Hall. Croney's ball security is an issue. He likes to spin back into traffic, which is bad news.
I agree on Hall, but he can't miss blocks. He also needs to run with a sense of urgency and keep his feet firing through contact.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm a little confused. I think the #1 thing people seem to agree about (perhaps other than Kene) is that the running backs did NOT do a good job of getting all of the yardage that was available from the run blocking. Add to that how Montgomery would noticably get "extra" yards after contact often. I totally agreed with what I though Randy was saying (we're used to Montgomery getting everything-possible-and-a-little-extra-basically-every-run but against UNI that rarely happened).

Monty averaged 4.7 a carry last year. We averaged 4.3 a carry across all the backs against UNI. Monty plays for the Bears now. None of the current guys are Monty. Our backs did fine against UNI. Probably more than fine actually.

Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Monty averaged 4.7 a carry last year. We averaged 4.3 a carry across all the backs against UNI. Monty plays for the Bears now. None of the current guys are Monty. Our backs did fine against UNI. Probably more than fine actually.

giphy.gif

cyclonetrent

Feb 27, 2011
Johnston
Next time you hear him on the radio, keep track of how many times he repeats himself, says "wow", and/or stumbles his way into a 30 second answer than contained 5 seconds of actual content. He's ******* terrible...

Count how many times he says "My Gaysh", its literally in every interview.

• Agree
Reactions: dawgpound

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
At this point it's fashionable to hate on Randy akin to hating on Nickelback. Are there better journalists? Of course. But he does an ok job and his style caters to some more than others.

For the most part he's fine. I will admit he's a pot-stirrer at times but I'd also say a lot of Cyclone fans need to develop thicker skin. He's a journalist.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron