Randy On Cyclone Insider

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
What. A. ****. Show.

He claimed that our RBs went down on first contact every time vs UNI and he was ADAMANT about it. “Cyclone fans aren’t used to that!”, he said .I was thinking to myself, “that didn’t happen.”

So now I’m going back and watching the condensed version of the game and lo and behold, our RBs we’re getting through first contact often and easily and in to the second level all game.

Sorry for another Randy thread but guy is a moron. Great contacts, knows nothing about actually playing sports.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
He's been really down on the RB room for a couple years, outside of Montgomery. He LOVED Montgomery.
There were a few borderline awkward exchanges last year when Birch or CW would talk about the depth and talent in that room, and then ol' Randy would go off on how unproven they all were/are.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
What. A. ****. Show.

He claimed that our RBs went down on first contact every time vs UNI and he was ADAMANT about it. “Cyclone fans aren’t used to that!”, he said .I was thinking to myself, “that didn’t happen.”

So now I’m going back and watching the condensed version of the game and lo and behold, our RBs we’re getting through first contact often and easily and in to the second level all game.

Sorry for another Randy thread but guy is a moron. Great contacts, knows nothing about actually playing sports.

Has he blocked you on Twitter? I knew I was tweeting the truth when he blocked me

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
He's been really down on the RB room for a couple years, outside of Montgomery. He LOVED Montgomery.
There were a few borderline awkward exchanges last year when Birch or CW would talk about the depth and talent in that room, and then ol' Randy would go off on how unproven they all were/are.

They need to revoke his credentials.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Lang goes down too easily. He also cut behind his downfield blockers on one run instead of outside where he would have scored. Nwangwu also goes down too easily, but his speed outside makes up for it some. He was the key on the TD drive to start the second half vs UNI. Hall does a really good job of running through contact for a FR. But he's maybe a little indecisive getting to the hole. That will improve over time. I actually thought that Croney played the best out of any of them against UNI. He probably earned the start on Saturday, but that fumble is a concern.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Talent and production. I'm OK saying our talent in the RB room hasn't produced. Maybe there is potential, but calling it talent without production is a stretch. Same with our OL, same with our WRs...

• Agree
Reactions: wclarson

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Lang goes down too easily. He also cut behind his downfield blockers on one run instead of outside where he would have scored. Nwangwu also goes down too easily, but his speed outside makes up for it some. He was the key on the TD drive to start the second half vs UNI. Hall does a really good job of running through contact for a FR. But he's maybe a little indecisive getting to the hole. That will improve over time. I actually thought that Croney played the best out of any of them against UNI. He probably earned the start on Saturday, but that fumble is a concern.

Great take... I concur.

derpyherky

May 11, 2018

I can confirm that with a little practice, penetrating the hole gets much easier. Just need to make sure to penetrate the hole in the right gap.

Last edited:

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
Who cares what he thinks I haven't taken anything he says seriously in years.

• Creative
Reactions: Spanky

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

This has nothing to do with the matter at hand and subject of this thread.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
To be honest most of Randy's work these days I consider "fluff pieces." Just random babbling of thoughts he has with no real substance but he has to use up enough words to fill a column. I probably don't even bother to read 90% of what he writes because it's either old news or something that is obvious. Occasionally he'll write up a nice side article on a player, coach, or something related to the athletics program that doesn't actually have anything to do with a game or strategy that is worth a read.

The Register in general just seems to be dying a slow painful death. They have a barebones staff to give you minimal local coverage of stuff to stay relevant but the bulk of their actual print media is just recycled AP stories anymore.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’d like to think the guy has paid his dues and maybe would be good to have a beer with or something but god damn it man. How do you constantly do your job so poorly? I mean for Christ sakes...