Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Just realized if the football team makes it to semifinals, I'm going to miss opening night of CBB......................................................................

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Played two games against the same team in flag football last night. They are reigning champs and have been mostly together for a long time but are falling off. In years past we have been mercy ruled but kept it to two touchdowns in both games. Also they had three subs while we had none. A couple of their guys specialize and only play one way.

The leagues is not what it used to be when it used two fields with each field having four games on it. Now it is one field with three games. So basically it is a few good teams and a few really bad teams. We managed to be on the edge so we got a first round by in the playoffs since we are at the top of the second bracket.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Played two games against the same team in flag football last night. They are reigning champs and have been mostly together for a long time but are falling off. In years past we have been mercy ruled but kept it to two touchdowns in both games. Also they had three subs while we had none. A couple of their guys specialize and only play one way.

The leagues is not what it used to be when it used two fields with each field having four games on it. Now it is one field with three games. So basically it is a few good teams and a few really bad teams. We managed to be on the edge so we got a first round by in the playoffs since we are at the top of the second bracket.

Gotta like this since CG is falling down on her volleyball, kickball and whatever ball

Reactions: wxman1

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I think they just said the Jacksonville jaguars owner is Shaka Khan. I found that tape in my car once. One of those I'd listen to when nobody else was around. Maybe lawman left it in there.
Chaka Khan, Chaka Khan, Chaka Khan
Chaka Khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, Chaka Khan
Let me rock you, that's all I wanna do
Chaka Khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, Chaka Khan
Let me rock you, let me feel for you

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Gotta like this since CG is falling down on her volleyball, kickball and whatever ball

haven't played since the 6th, I think. Got rained out yesterday so now they are proposing a game tomorrow afternoon, Sunday morning, or next Thursday. We start dodgeball Thursday (after asking for a bye yesterday so we could make the kickball game, sigh) so IDK if we'll play or not. Tomorrow Dh and I are getting ready for the party and Sunday morning most of our team will be hungover.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Got off topic in a meeting (what's new) discussing why a school bus would have a drop off/pick up on a four lane divided highway so I pulled up Google Maps in that area. Our resident hick (she admits to it) had never seen Google Maps so that blew her mind, then I went to satellite view and it happened all over again. Then came Street View...I think we scared her with that one.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Got off topic in a meeting (what's new) discussing why a school bus would have a drop off/pick up on a four lane divided highway so I pulled up Google Maps in that area. Our resident hick (she admits to it) had never seen Google Maps so that blew her mind, then I went to satellite view and it happened all over again. Then came Street View...I think we scared her with that one.
There are some dumb and I mean dumb rules with school buses. So I've learned not to question them.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
haven't played since the 6th, I think. Got rained out yesterday so now they are proposing a game tomorrow afternoon, Sunday morning, or next Thursday. We start dodgeball Thursday (after asking for a bye yesterday so we could make the kickball game, sigh) so IDK if we'll play or not. Tomorrow Dh and I are getting ready for the party and Sunday morning most of our team will be hungover.
If you're going as the Cat in the Hat, is DH going to be the responsible fish that tries to get the cat to stay in line?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
There are some dumb and I mean dumb rules with school buses. So I've learned not to question them.

The school district will probably be changing their rule for it since a lady was killed (potentially due to her own fault) after rear ending a stopped bus near Springville earlier this week.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Thanks goodness for street view. We are trying to plan a multi-family trip next spring break. We found a house in Cozumel that looks really cool, has a nice pool, enough space, is priced great and is only two blocks to the beach. I went to street view and discovered that the beach that was at the end of the street was really small and mostly rock and that the house was next door to a hospital.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
The school district will probably be changing their rule for it since a lady was killed (potentially due to her own fault) after rear ending a stopped bus near Springville earlier this week.
A friend of mine in high school ran into the back of a school bus and ruined his burnt orange and cream Dodge Omni. Subsequently, he became the first of my friends to wear a seat belt. It's about thirty years later now and we all wear our seat belts. We still make fun of him for being the first to wear a seat belt in high school, running into a school bus and having a burnt orange and cream Omni.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
A friend of mine in high school ran into the back of a school bus and ruined his burnt orange and cream Dodge Omni. Subsequently, he became the first of my friends to wear a seat belt. It's about thirty years later now and we all wear our seat belts. We still make fun of him for being the first to wear a seat belt in high school, running into a school bus and having a burnt orange and cream Omni.

I think this happened to our bus one time. I vaguely remember my mom being worried about how I was and that a high school girl had hit the back of the bus (rainy day, believe she hydroplaned). I don't recall anything even happening on the bus.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Rats, man that reminds me of shelling corn you'd get to the end of one side of a crib and they would come flowing out, nasty, nasty part of that job that is now gone that nobody misses.

One of the oft retold family stories was about me when I was 6 years old. We were shelling corn and I was playing by the corn crib. I ended up catching 4 mice (I guess I was part cat or something....meow) and was taking them up to show/scare my sisters.

I was holding them by the tails and had two in each hand. When I got about 5 feet from my sisters, the mice flipped up and bit my hands at the same time.

My sisters laughed. I cried.

As far as the mice, I ended up dropping them, and our disturbingly inbred farm cats finished them off.

Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
One of the Jaws of Death was tripped and was laying on it's side. First snap without a kill. Not a fail level requiring a a Z-like "Fail!" but still a swing and a miss.

Still hitting .800 with the new WMMD.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
As far as the mice, I ended up dropping them, and our disturbingly inbred farm cats finished them off.

Cooler's farm cat.

edd8f78501b47b36a2ce0c436540972c.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.