Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I guess I should add I was at the Okie State game that night as well. It was cold in Omaha and it got progressively warmer as I got to Ames. All I had was a pair of coveralls as I hadn't checked the weather in Ames so I was sweating my butt off.
My seat was up in what is now section U. The upper rows were pretty empty by the 4th quarter so I spent that whole quarter pacing back and forth.
When the game finally was over and the field was full of fans I just watched that for a while then decided I better get back to my car and start driving.

Reactions: wxman1

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Well, back from the beautiful state of Wisconsin. Ate lunch on Saturday at Longhorn Steak House in Ashwaubenon (Green Bay suburb) and got to watch part of ISU's glorious 34-24 victory over TT. In fact, as we sat down Breece Hall ripped off his long TD run!

The game Sunday was awesome.....Aaron Rodgers again demonstrated why he is, in fact, worth all the money they pay him. And Lazard contributed, too, including a step-ladder catch late in the game to set up a "dagger" TD.

Only down side is, I brought a nasty head cold back with me. So the vixen has adopted a "hands-off" policy in the interim. But it's all good - my second favorite trip of the year was a rousing success!

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I'm getting a kick out of all you guys posting how old you are. :p I went to the very first game at JT, we beat Air Force and it was colder than a witch's tit.

Those Earle Bruce teams were fun to watch....not much defense, but they could light up the scoreboard!

Reactions: NWICY

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
What we should take away from this is CG was sitting on her couch cross stitching while singing to herself that Friday evening.

actually, that Okie State game was around Thanksgiving, wasn't it? I swear we were at my parent's house watching

but accurate any other Friday at that point of my life

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
actually, that Okie State game was around Thanksgiving, wasn't it? I swear we were at my parent's house watching

It was the Friday before thanksgiving. The following week was the infamous OU game where our fire alarm kept going off. In case you wanted to know the fire alarm in that hotel was the exact same as the ones in the dorms which lead to a very confused WxMan.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
It was the Friday before thanksgiving. The following week was the infamous OU game where our fire alarm kept going off. In case you wanted to know the fire alarm in that hotel was the exact same as the ones in the dorms which lead to a very confused WxMan.

why the heck were we at home then. I remember watching - that's the 3OT WOODY HE DID IT game right? I remember being on the couch watching. But we shouldn't have been home before Thanksgiving.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Friday, the week before. We were leaving the next morning to spend Thanksgiving week in Texas, with a trip to a MBB tournament on South Padre on Friday, Saturday & Sunday after Thanksgiving. We had tickets for the game & a hotel & everything. We ended up staying in College Station and watching on TV because I decided that Thanksgiving eve was the perfect time to try to pass a kidney stone, and the TX ER docs wanted me to wait until I got home to fix it. So I ended up hopped up on painkillers & unable to keep anything down. Just call me the houseguest from hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.