Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
We stayed in our seats and watched, loving every minute of the field rush. If we had joined in it probably would have resulted in a Randy for me. After the stands were more emptied, we wandered onto the field and down to where we could get a good shot of the scoreboard.

I was with my FIL. We stayed in our seats, but he figured it was time to go, since the game was over.
I insisted that we stay and soak it in. It was a little difficult to get across that this had never happened here before, and really wasn't supposed to happen that night.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was with my FIL. We stayed in our seats, but he figured it was time to go, since the game was over.
I insisted that we stay and soak it in. It was a little difficult to get across that this had never happened here before, and really wasn't supposed to happen that night.

That went from a pretty ho-hum, ISU's outmatched but oh-well type of game to the (then) greatest thing ever in no time.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Husband, friend of ours, and myself were in seats on the lower level on the end of the winning touchdown. Remember my husband saying "Secure your belongings" after Benton caught that INT.

After the TD, we group hugged, hopping up and down about five times, and then ran the 20 rows down for the wall. That's a bigger leap than you think, and the sea of humanity coming behind you doesn't let you hesitate.

The three of us got separated. Husband has the best of the on-field stories:
1) Somehow managed to be right next to Darius Darks, and got a hug from him.
2) Nearly ran into @ISUCyclones2015
3) Once it slightly died down, husband was loitering near where the band was, waiting for me and our friend to find him, when a couple of frat-ish boys walked past. One grabbed him by the shoulders and said to another "Hey! Take a picture of me with THIS guy!"

So there's that.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
That went from a pretty ho-hum, ISU's outmatched but oh-well type of game to the (then) greatest thing ever in no time.

Oh, yeah. At halftime, it was just a matter of how long to stick it out before leaving.
Then they scored, and it was about time to leave.
And Jarvis West responded with that electrifying return to somewhere near midfield, and it was clear that we just might have some fight in us.

Of course, the greatest interception in the history of football by Ter'ran Benton was unreal. That moment when it was a done deal, and Jeff Woody making sure, that was just magic.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
:D
Husband, friend of ours, and myself were in seats on the lower level on the end of the winning touchdown. Remember my husband saying "Secure your belongings" after Benton caught that INT.

After the TD, we group hugged, hopping up and down about five times, and then ran the 20 rows down for the wall. That's a bigger leap than you think, and the sea of humanity coming behind you doesn't let you hesitate.

The three of us got separated. Husband has the best of the on-field stories:
1) Somehow managed to be right next to Darius Darks, and got a hug from him.
2) Nearly ran into @ISUCyclones2015
3) Once it slightly died down, husband was loitering near where the band was, waiting for me and our friend to find him, when a couple of frat-ish boys walked past. One grabbed him by the shoulders and said to another "Hey! Take a picture of me with THIS guy!"

So there's that.

Well I was pretty hard to miss being in a speedo and painted yellow head to toe. Hopefully none of the paint got on you!

Can't say I remember much in the chaos besides me getting pushed up against Justin Blackmon and I thought he was going to murder me. I just put my hands up and kept yelling "I'm sorry" over and over as the crowd just kept descending into madness.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Oh, yeah. At halftime, it was just a matter of how long to stick it out before leaving.
Then they scored, and it was about time to leave.
And Jarvis West responded with that electrifying return to somewhere near midfield, and it was clear that we just might have some fight in us.

Of course, the greatest interception in the history of football by Ter'ran Benton was unreal. That moment when it was a done deal, and Jeff Woody making sure, that was just magic.
We weren't even going to go to the game originally. We thought about giving away our tickets because we had to get up at oh dark thirty to catch a 6.30am flight to Texas the next morning. We finally decided to go. We stayed...and stayed...and stayed...I'm guessing it was close to an hour after Woody's TD that we finally left.

Lew tried to get a couple hours sleep when we got home...I was still too pumped. I ended up watching a replay of the game and talking to people on FB until it was time to wake Lew up and load up the car. Man, our butts were dragging by the time we got to College Station! :D

Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I really want this t-shirt...
71933273_135985237776883_222703550470291456_n.jpg

Okay. So I bought the shirt. :D

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Moments later the entire thing was nearly ruined by a dumb Wxman celebrating too much and nearly falling off the north scoreboard.

Did you work the film crew in college? I always thought it would be really cool to watch a game from up there.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Not that I need the motivation from the fat/diet thread (or the snowblower thread) but off to LifeTime after I do some tennis elbow stretchy things. Shoulder are definitely getting better but elbow is being a little pesky even with my modest weight lifts.

I am hoping thee redhead isn't there this afternoon. Being the gentleman that I am I try not to openly gawk or stare but it's VERY hard not to when she is working out. I mean, I don't, but it ain't easy. Discipline, man, discipline. :oops: She may be the fittest gal I have ever seen in person. Makes pushup Emily gif look an out of shape fat gal. She should have been cast as the enhanced human in the new Terminator movie. She has to be either a fitness model or theater dancer or something. Too cut to be a 100% human and too lean to be a body builder gal. It's bad enough when she's doing weights but than goes off on a routine of gravity defying handstands and such. Since she's a redhead I should probably tag in @cyrocksmypants ;)

This post is worthless without pics and we all know you have the photography skills. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron