Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Easiest way to get it going is to get out and kick it.
iXzKMxy.gif

Reactions: SaraV and BCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Good roadtrip to Fargo. Overnighted in Alexandria and watched football game with ISU friends there today. Dragged them to the WBB game Friday night. Was fun. My old man eyes found it easier to follow the action when you are only 4 or 5 rows off of center court. Maybe only 400 - 500 peeps at the game so courtside seating was not an issue. Had to text fellow WBB fan @NWICY from the game that I saw Angie Welle and had a short chat with her.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Last Call for Leaf Haul isn't resonating with me as strongly as it should. :oops: Reluctantly getting up off my ass and heading out for some last minute cleaning up and bagging.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Last Call for Leaf Haul isn't resonating with me as strongly as it should. :oops: Reluctantly getting up off my ass and heading out for some last minute cleaning up and bagging.

City leaf vaccine finally came through today. Actually glad it got delayed a few days so the last leaves would fall. Got most of the Christmas lights up this morning and now I am settling in to watch wrestling.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
City leaf vaccine finally came through today. Actually glad it got delayed a few days so the last leaves would fall. Got most of the Christmas lights up this morning and now I am settling in to watch wrestling.

Took a sammich break and tuned in the match. Looks like the usual automatic Hawk win and annual points in the Cy-Hawk competition. Not much of a wrestling fan so not that much into watching them get beat again. Time to get back to leaf bagging.

Edit: Watched three matches. Back to leaves, this is an ass kicking.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
A memory popped up on my FB feed today - KU game, 2013 edition:
1399529_10202816546554038_764244794_o.jpg

8 degrees at kickoff, 3 degrees at halftime. We are:
a) dedicated
b) fanatic
c) masochistic
d) insane
e) all of the above.
ISU 34, KU 0...
Finally, a win!!!!

I had on wool socks plus cotton socks over them, three layers of thermal pants, three layers of thermal shirts (one of which was a turtleneck), my ISU hoodie and my late father-in-law's Carrharts (or a version of them). I was wearing a ski headband under the hoodie, and a scarf around my lower face. On my hands I had the gloves we bought when we did the kayaking trip in Alaska, and thick mittens. Under my feet, I had a folded blanket for insulation, and a second blanket wrapped around my feet & legs. I didn't walk in from the car, I waddled! You should have seen me trying to escape all the layers in a tiny stall in the restroom!

And yes, Lew is wearing a sleeping bag upside down.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Whelp, you can thank us for the most recent forecast. We decided to go to the IL’s in SD (just east of Sioux Falls) for Thanksgiving. The weather gods just laughed at us. I cannot tell you the number of times we have had horrible drives on I 35 and I 90. So if we change our plans, will the storm go away?!

• Optimistic
Reactions: NWICY and VeloClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Took a sammich break and tuned in the match. Looks like the usual automatic Hawk win and annual points in the Cy-Hawk competition. Not much of a wrestling fan so not that much into watching them get beat again. Time to get back to leaf bagging.

Edit: Watched three matches. Back to leaves, this is an ass kicking.

I watched 3/4 of the dual before the gets got antsy and it was much more competitive than the dual score indicates. Several matches were lost on controversial calls.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron