Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
In Illinois...by choice. Sister's 40th birthday. My aunt (our only aunt) and myself surprised her. Yes, she was surprised. Here's the kicker...

My aunt's taking the official guest bedroom, my sister's old room. I am holed up currently in my old room. Iiiiii'mmmm....curious to see how my semi-conscious mind is going to react when I wake up tomorrow. Suddenly transported back 25 years? Who knows.
Funny - we just drove across Illinois today...and Indiana...and half of Ohio...and half of Iowa...but we're HOME!!! If I'd known you were there, I would've waved. Also, we thought we'd take the northern route home this time, across 80 instead of our normal route across 70 then 76 from Indy to the QC. We paid for the privilege of 2-lane traffic that was far slower than 70 usually runs. If I'm paying, I want 3 lanes, dammit!!!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Oh, of course. I's probably settled and cracked the tooth - I have 2 crowns already from this happening.

I have on crown for a tooth that was more filling than actual tooth. Pretty much the same issue.
Guys, if it comes to the point where filling it or crowning it doesn't help...I heartily recommend an implant. It was a little pricey (and most was not covered by insurance) but they feel like regular teeth and beat the hell out of dentures or bridges.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
These DOT workers have gotten lazy. Was on hwy 9 yesterday hauling grain. Windmills going up left and right so there activity going on but nothing on the road. See a pickup the opposite way on my shoulder (wife enough to fit a full vehicle and then some). As I get closer I move over and see one of the mobile post stop signs leaning on his bumper facing the sky. Same time I light the brakes up I see the worker scrambling out of his pickup. See a cloud of smoke roll past me and realize I just cut 20k miles off these tires as I look in the mirrors. No idea why he was there but if you are stopping traffic at least put the sign so people can see it before they are on top of it.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I was getting a couple of drinks at the bar by my house, and now they’re playing Phosphorescent. Means I’m staying out.
Out of the bar or out of your house?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Deck party was a relative success. Good company and no fist fights over politics. No mosquitoes. FTW. ;)

Broke up just before the rain came. My age peers do not stay out as late as I do. :rolleyes:

EiXTcIt6x_amnldFirDOy5hpJSspHBQ8BqyWuPGacJM2JlqVtfPPJNBThj7nBIqUNtxuDhVgB8imvtlkEYTKT4BYjpPEDoZpK7hgbDvEhHRTQU3TRUp2DoevmjXaSLXFUkYFT5zMlRfFpZFNrQPDXRtUEC4PtYilanzJF4tBxtEpDEcDuJcbVuo-4snzeBTF5AcIbJ4GNLNTy0biKtYiXsqZwjj7zfQFBDTx6izRKXsxMXVsbLTPtQ4fY_P0BMWTj6Zu-a7Gpg5Fvyf9Zk-Lah5OE7FdnY8hFMwhI6vyQMgBolJHJS4nFepCMG_6Ja-LTDBZYkEVzJQJlgbWeZh2P-gZAeAvhjGzQYcP7UFQc8kWIbDqKMKgUUCuQCk4x9pNkRe_BX9pheVb4SNFlWRtjyRVOcpx0cVlDZVuXeDKvw6z9-GROqKIffobGefej7NHTLhrrkm2sYHNDBe1FXa-88v-nGJLJGwIsNu8IT3787KXhXxq9Err5Gy5wJDwo2r9jo-Fg2ASnpy_qDLPtJD6Ca4MaPFummvGb7gYX3dOHfYr-csG1YHSrqiO1hvwsPDwF_iwNVH72PKxfmb7eyJow7XNQGlXURmfmEFhhIKtYhvs-1qJ8rXXIIwUN3CDa21t-kRpJy17ekpX-vl-g7ZFnt7h_S0-2x8=w926-h576-no

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Looking around a clean house and thinking maybe I should make some sort of effort to maintain this. Looks nice.

Just don't open the door to the computer room or the guest bedroom where I quickly stashed stuff out of the way. :rolleyes:

Reactions: NWICY

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Anyone have a hot-tub? Kind of want to get one from a place like wayfair, but I don't really know much cleaning, maintaining them, ect. Is it pretty easy?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
So my in-laws gave us a free cruise they got through their time share. Since flying is insanely expensive we are actually thinking about driving to/from New Orleans. Car Gas would be roughly $200 round trip compared to $900-$1k to fly. 14ish hour drive...

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The FD pork chop dinner was awesome. It was a nice grilled boneless chop, baked beans, potato salad, and all the sweet corn you wanted. Lemonade and water were your choice of drinks.

Awesome bike ride in today, got in a few miles of single track then the slow roll in M.C. all on the fat bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron