Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I believe a customary Indian wedding reception was in the hotel last night. Noticed that the ladies with Indian heritage looked very nice in the traditional wear, the European ladies trying to wear it, not so much.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Got the craptastic news this morning that my BFF from high school passed away from complications after surgery. I knew 36 hours beforehand that things weren't going well. (Although I didn't know she was having surgery. She's nearly non-existant on social media) She has a 9(?) yo little girl. Last time I saw her was 3 years ago at my sister's wedding. She was an associate professor of art and design at UW-Milwaukee. A few years ago, she had been working with creating prosthetic hands/arms by using 3D printers. She did so much more with her life than I could ever dream of doing with mine.

I hope she knew how much she meant to me.

With that! She was a dang good percussionist. So I'm going to share a performance of the HS winter drumline from our junior year. She's on the third largest bass (on that 5'3" frame of hers), and is fifth from the left during the handbell feature.

Love you, Adream.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Niece is home.....things never really got better on the hardly visiting aspect despite more urging by nurses and my mom. Brothers comment was doesn't matter who feeds her, just that she eats it. other grandma even came up to TAKE the mom to a reception she didn't really want to go to because she didn't want to go alone or with her spouse. So we'll see how it goes now that they can't run off and leave the nurses to do the heavy lifting. The mom shared a thing on fb the other night about how you'll never look back on life and think you spent too mmuch time with your kids........the irony is incredible there.

Oh and the mom and other grandma have given niece a title/nickname that is the dumbest thing you've ever heard. I'll keep that to PMs though for those interested.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Niece is home.....things never really got better on the hardly visiting aspect despite more urging by nurses and my mom. Brothers comment was doesn't matter who feeds her, just that she eats it. other grandma even came up to TAKE the mom to a reception she didn't really want to go to because she didn't want to go alone or with her spouse. So we'll see how it goes now that they can't run off and leave the nurses to do the heavy lifting. The mom shared a thing on fb the other night about how you'll never look back on life and think you spent too mmuch time with your kids........the irony is incredible there.

Oh and the mom and other grandma have given niece a title/nickname that is the dumbest thing you've ever heard. I'll keep that to PMs though for those interested.

Now that I’m a grandma I probably should know what not to call the little ones. PM me if you like.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Drop me a DM CG. TIA

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well hell I've had a negotiated rate at the hotel I usually stay at since last Nov. The manager called me today at work and cancelled it on me said corporate told her to, new hotel for me tonight. The night shift guy has always been really civil to me I'll probably check with him to see if they actually filled up. Well off to the county fair to see a friend's kids show cattle.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Fair was nice, Bargain of the night was the FFA food booth, pulled pork plate, drink w/an ear of sweet corn $7.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
My sister, BIL and oldest niece are at Gen Con in Indy so my 2 youngest "Iowa" nieces have been staying with my dad and stepmom since Wed. I went over Friday for 4 hours to have supper and hangout with them. Today I went over again for supper and to hangout for 5 hours. Tomorrow I have the day off so I will be spending all day with them. And in a few days my niece and nephews from Boston are going to be in town- the youngest being my nephew Stellan who I will be meeting for the first time and is almost 6 months.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
10022926.jpg

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Before vacation wife had to touch base with a classmate on their HS class reunion. Wife said it was a very awkward conversation, classmate’s brother just found out his “day” has been set. So the typical chitchat of how you doing or what’s new was off the table. More happy now that I am busy and can’t go to it, figure I’d say something wrong.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Went to Michael's today with the fam to pick up one item. After 5 minutes of meandering, I saw the direction this trip was going and I asked a worker where it was. Found it about 30 seconds later.

We left ......45 ******* minutes later!!!

I'm not a man of violence, but I could totally see myself burning a Michael's down to the ground.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Went to Michael's today with the fam to pick up one item. After 5 minutes of meandering, I saw the direction this trip was going and I asked a worker where it was. Found it about 30 seconds later.

We left ......45 ******* minutes later!!!

I'm not a man of violence, but I could totally see myself burning a Michael's down to the ground.

So......you stood in line for 40 minutes or the family filled up the cart with random things. Or in my case, the wife started conversations with random strangers for no apparent reason and killed an hour doing so?

Status
Not open for further replies.