Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Last Saturday DH said he's pretty sure he just saw an oriole. So, I finally got an orange half in the new cupholder thing I bought for that and hung it on a feeder pole. Also decided to find the new hummingbird feeder and boil some water and sugar for it. When that was cool enough, I put in the feeder and hung next to the oriole feeder. The next time I looked outside there was a hummingbird. Probably cussing me out for taking so long.
Later that day and night it rained. I didn't change out either the orange half or the food until a couple of days ago. Again, the hummingbird was there almost instantly.

Reactions: SCyclone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Last Saturday DH said he's pretty sure he just saw an oriole. So, I finally got an orange half in the new cupholder thing I bought for that and hung it on a feeder pole. Also decided to find the new hummingbird feeder and boil some water and sugar for it. When that was cool enough, I put in the feeder and hung next to the oriole feeder. The next time I looked outside there was a hummingbird. Probably cussing me out for taking so long.
Later that day and night it rained. I didn't change out either the orange half or the food until a couple of days ago. Again, the hummingbird was there almost instantly.
My orioles are pissed at me. The squirrels have figured out how to get to those feeders and ate all the grape jelly out of the cups & stole the orange halves. My hummers & woodpeckers/flickers/nuthatches have been VERY active, though. The smaller woodpeckers like the suet, the larger ones have been depleting our peanut supply. :D

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Doorbell rings and I am like 20 feet from the door and get up to go answer figuring it's the FedEx guy with my camera. Get to the front door and the dude is already starting to walk away. JFC, dude, at least wait till the sound of the doorbell stops reverberating before you attempt to abandon the delivery. o_O

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron