Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Getting my vehicle serviced and they want $760 for rear rotors and pads! Take that I am at a reputable GM service center also. (Don't plan on getting it done there.)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: wxman1 and NWICY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've been applying for stocking/cleaning (read: largely anti social) summer/part time jobs over the last month and nada.

Apparently having a job in education and really not jumping a lot of jobs over the years, which could mean I'm reliable, isn't appealing to employers.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Running errands around CR tonight which lead me to drive the full distance of Edgewood Rd from the airport at the south up to Blairsferry Road on on the north side. CR is set up dumb with four "quadrants" that are far from equal in size or anything making sense. 1st ave is the north/south boundary with the river being the east/west boundary. Basically CR is far from a grid system and the road and the river largely traverse the city at angles.

So from traveling Edgewood which is nearly completely N/S for it's entire length I went from the SW to the NW to the NE quadrants all by traveling straight north. It was also a reminder of how 1st ave and 12th Ave SW are maybe two hundred feet apart at Edgewood road.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Running errands around CR tonight which lead me to drive the full distance of Edgewood Rd from the airport at the south up to Blairsferry Road on on the north side. CR is set up dumb with four "quadrants" that are far from equal in size or anything making sense. 1st ave is the north/south boundary with the river being the east/west boundary. Basically CR is far from a grid system and the road and the river largely traverse the city at angles.

So from traveling Edgewood which is nearly completely N/S for it's entire length I went from the SW to the NW to the NE quadrants all by traveling straight north. It was also a reminder of how 1st ave and 12th Ave SW are maybe two hundred feet apart at Edgewood road.
Yep none of the directions are accurately direction'in.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa, quadrant system | A small map showing th ...

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Mechanical failure today at OC just as we were opening. Closed for today and who knows going forward. And on graduation and mother's day weekend one of our busiest weekend's sales wise.

• Sad
Reactions: NWICY and Ms3r4ISU

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Was leaving for work and heard a hissing noise coming from my utility room. Get down the stairs and there's water on the floor. Braided hose going to my water heater had a pinhole leak. It'll be an easy fix, but I might reroute some of the piping. I want my boiler to be on a separate supply so if I have to shut the water off again, especially in the winter, my boiler can keep running.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Was leaving for work and heard a hissing noise coming from my utility room. Get down the stairs and there's water on the floor. Braided hose going to my water heater had a pinhole leak. It'll be an easy fix, but I might reroute some of the piping. I want my boiler to be on a separate supply so if I have to shut the water off again, especially in the winter, my boiler can keep running.

This is just not a good day for cf peeps. First me now you. :(

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
We tried to lift a 50ft wide, 10ft tall wall with 5/8 drywall on it with our lift. It broke in half. That was fun. We pieced it back together so it's all good now.

Ours is a bigger problem. Something burst in vents above our front line. The problem needs to be fixed then we need ok by health department. Sprinklers went off on front line so ovens got wet and probably will need to be detailed.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
A fisherman was dining alone in a fancy restaurant and there was a gorgeous redhead sitting at the next table. He had been checking her out since he sat down, but lacked the nerve to talk with her.

Suddenly she sneezed, and her glass eye came flying out of its socket towards the man. He reflexively reached out, grabbed it out of the air, and handed it back.

'Oh my, I am so sorry,' the woman said, as she popped her eye back in place. 'Let me buy your dinner to make it up to you.'

They enjoyed a wonderful dinner together, and afterwards they went to the theatre followed by drinks. They talked, they laughed, she shared her deepest dreams and he shared his. She listened to him with interest.

After paying for everything, she asked him if he would like to come to her place for a nightcap and stay for breakfast. They had a wonderful, wonderful time.

The next morning, she cooked a gourmet meal with all the trimmings. The guy was amazed. Everything had been so incredible!

'You know,' he said, 'you are the perfect woman. Are you this nice to every guy you meet?'

'No,' she replies.

'You just happened to catch my eye.'

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron