Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
F! F! F! Out of state in-laws are here. Birthday is the 5th. Corn ain’t ready but it may magically be ready then so I dont have to spend it with those dumb A’s. Marry into a bunch of tavern hawks and you get punished a lot.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You know what's great to walk out to on a Friday afternoon after work?

A flat tire. At least the weather's nice, but I hope the spare can limp me home. It might be almost bald. :oops:
Do you know how to change it? My kids way of changing is to call dad.

• Haha

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Well, crap. Went to Target for wedding gift on the way home. Am including a gift card so found a fitting one that says “About time!” Except that when I got home and was going to wrap it all, I realized the gift card I brought home is not that one. And it’s not at all appropriate. Guess I’ll be making another trip to Target. 8092FF94-5D26-4B1C-BFBF-96A5E8964BCF.jpeg

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well, crap. Went to Target for wedding gift on the way home. Am including a gift card so found a fitting one that says “About time!” Except that when I got home and was going to wrap it all, I realized the gift card I brought home is not that one. And it’s not at all appropriate. Guess I’ll be making another trip to Target. View attachment 103799
For a birth? If so, maybe she’s knocked?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
No, no she isn’t. I wanted the about time one as a kind of joke for how long it’s taken to get to the wedding. I didn’t even see this one, how did it end up with my stuff? I’ll be able to use this one for someone else. People are always having babies, seems like.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No, no she isn’t. I wanted the about time one as a kind of joke for how long it’s taken to get to the wedding. I didn’t even see this one, how did it end up with my stuff? I’ll be able to use this one for someone else. People are always having babies, seems like.
Or use that gift card to buy the other gift card.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
F! F! F! Out of state in-laws are here. Birthday is the 5th. Corn ain’t ready but it may magically be ready then so I dont have to spend it with those dumb A’s. Marry into a bunch of tavern hawks and you get punished a lot.

Get to watch the Iowa-Michigan game with them tomorrow? ;)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Get to watch the Iowa-Michigan game with them tomorrow? ;)
Lol, F that. They all got tickets. They all tailgate at the library. Oldest went into hiding so he could avoid them. Just went through Spencer on way to HS game. They are supposed to be driving to IC after the HS game so nothing like a near 5 hour drive starting around 9:30. Then have gates open at 5 for parking.

• Friendly

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I would have probably lost money with her counting.

Whenever people make change or I’m in a bank, I count it as they pull the money out. That way I know what I have. This chick was just grabbing random change. Knowing I’d get a nickel to a quarter back I just stopped when her hand dipped in the change twice.

Wait, are you saying you're a Nickelback guy?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well, crap. Went to Target for wedding gift on the way home. Am including a gift card so found a fitting one that says “About time!” Except that when I got home and was going to wrap it all, I realized the gift card I brought home is not that one. And it’s not at all appropriate. Guess I’ll be making another trip to Target. View attachment 103799

Well at least you caught it before you sent it/delivered it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I wish I did. But at the same time, don't have a good jack. We do have a AAA membership...and that's good enough.

Have an appointment tomorrow for a new tire.

I'm always amazed how well those little jacks that come with vehicles nowdays work. The key is to have them on a hard level surface.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Carr Valley cheese curds are pretty darn good. Maybe not quite as good as Hooks Point, but way easier to get, more locations and days they are available. Would buy again.

They are good curds when I get to the car try them then go back in and buy my dad a bag of them.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Dang it got to work in good time then have to spend 45 minutes calling people to get the computer to work. SOB I don't get paid enough to fix that stuff. I'm supposed to come in and get the stuff I need off of it to do my job. Sigh.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
New neighbors have some sort of shindig planned. They set up some party tent in their driveway. Now they have put tables and chairs in it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And the didn't invite you? How rude!!!
I've only been here since 1986 so I don't expect the neighbors to actually invite me to anything. :rolleyes:

Only half kidding. Older couple (yup, even older than me) is moving as soon as she gets into her retirement home. They have a huge gazebo (I mean architect design showpiece) and used to have lots of parties. I've never even been in their yard let alone their house. It's sort of a Minnesota thing. Friends and family only. Everybody is superficially nice to you but that's the depth of it. Also, since CWW#2 left I am not a "couple" so mostly just ignored by all but two families.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron