Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
We have these tiny little lizards in n.c. similar to the ones in Florida and I wonder where they go during the winter. Do they just bury themselves?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah that makes sense I guess having a warmer wall to trap some heat makes sense. It got down to the 40s and they've been MIA even though it was in the 70s today
Sometimes they can slip inside and hibernate. So if you are on the lowest floor, keeps your eyes open.

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017
We "know" our neighbors, and can make small talk with most of them, but we don't really "KNOW" our neighbors. Most of our get-togethers consist of our circle of friends from the church we all attended in Ames. We've invited our nearest neighbor, a widow just a couple of years older than us, to come join us, and she came for one Iowa game watch where we were probably a little rowdy for her taste. That's the only time...
An older single lady across the street, who lived there with her parents until they passed, has said "hi" to me once in almost 30 years. Mailboxes are across the street, if she sees me come out to get the mail while she's on the way to get hers, she goes back to the house or finds some delay. Her late mother was friendly.

Another neighbor looks the other way if driving by while I'm outside, to avoid eye contact. I've sort of had as* contact with him though, from when he mooned his wife in the front yard one evening.

OTOH, another neighbor the same age as me always cleared the snow off our drive and walks, told me to stop if I tried to do it myself and apologized for not having done it already. Started once when I was incapacitated by surgery, and never stopped until they "downsized".

Now I clear the snow for several neighbors. Haven't ever gotten a "thanks", but that's OK, they're nice people.

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017
How long should I try and avoid any football threads? I’m honestly shocked how I’m not pissed about the game.
It might be safe in about 2073, maybe earlier if they ever win the National Championship by all time record scores, in every single game. Presumably Manning will no longer be the OC at that time, special teams will be average.

• Agree
Reactions: Sousaclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Before I would let daughter get her license I went out with her and changed her tire with the spare. Then she had to change it back herself. In the end she told me she was glad that I made her do that.
I've gotten so complacent about stuff like this, I don't even know where the jack is in my pickup.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've gotten so complacent about stuff like this, I don't even know where the jack is in my pickup.
I had a ford pickup one time that I had to get the jack in one place, the tire iron in another and the jack crank/handle in another. It was like a scavenger hunt to find stuff.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well, at least I survived the in-law get together, think I'm good for the week they are here now. Just to let you know the sheer weirdness here. The one sibling loved their cat who died so much (they had several and now have four dogs living inside with them) that their youngest son has the cat's name for his middle name.

Have big dogs and small dogs and they barked non stop and jumped on people non stop. Everyone was basically on their phones the whole time, except the MIL, who couldn't hear anyone and is starting to be in her own world so she will give you the strangest answers to questions.

If you say anything, you are wrong and they know the "correct" answer. Everything is a competition, so my family basically doesn't talk because they don't feel like having to compete at all times. I once was "corrected" about my own relatives that I've known and gotten along with my whole life. My wife will talk even less than I do.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Stomach bug going around our house. So far, I'm the only one who hasn't gotten it yet.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Go buy some extra TP so when you get it, it isn't all used up.
It didn't help that my 2 year old dumped one of the puke buckets all over the carpet and on himself. I spent about 40 minutes trying to clean that up. I'm still not sure I got it all out.

Right before I went to bed, i heard my two year old crying and thought he had thrown up as well. By the time I got upstairs he was back asleep and I didn't see any signs of vomit. Turns out he threw up and fell asleep on the vomit. This morning I had to give him a batch to clean him up. Poor guy slept in vomit all night, but at least he as in a good mood when I woke him up.

• Friendly
Reactions: jcyclonee and NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It didn't help that my 2 year old dumped one of the puke buckets all over the carpet and on himself. I spent about 40 minutes trying to clean that up. I'm still not sure I got it all out.

Right before I went to bed, i heard my two year old crying and thought he had thrown up as well. By the time I got upstairs he was back asleep and I didn't see any signs of vomit. Turns out he threw up and fell asleep on the vomit. This morning I had to give him a batch to clean him up. Poor guy slept in vomit all night, but at least he as in a good mood when I woke him up.
Two year old is ready for college.

Status
Not open for further replies.