Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
We started looking at hot tubs last February, and had gone through the whole thing of picking the one we wanted, the size & features we wanted, the color, etc. Then covid hit, and the hot tub got put on a back burner.

The last couple of weeks we've been putting together another project and doing the planning now so that we're in the queue for spring construction (construction backlogs being what they are... We are re-incorporating the hot tub, with it's own screened enclosure (3 acres of woods = 3 acres of mosquitoes, gnats, etc...). We tried to locate the paperwork that had all of the things we went over with when talking with the salesman last winter, and found nothing. Through a process of elimination and Google satellite imagery we figured out which dealer we had finally worked with (we visited with a half dozen last winter). When we walked in the door, the guy in the first office said, hey - have you two been here before? I remember you!

Remember, we're wearing masks now. I expressed surprise that he recognized us, and he informed us he always remembers "characters".

I'm not sure how to process that. Lew is wearing it like a cloak of honor.

PS - Steve made the sale... :D

Yep that was meant as a compliment.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Slow day in RTT. Got this months schedule figured out so that is good. Better day at work so that was good.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Welp.
Not looking forward to December 11th...

Not watching that game. Watched a couple minutes tonight and then bailed and tuned in the WBB game that started at 630. I see by the thread we lost. Not going to waste my time watching something that frustrates me and definitely not going to pile into the game and end of the program threads. It's 2020 and there enough none joy that I don't need to go looking for more. Kinda down to RTT and WBB forums plus a very small dose of football thread.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Went walkabout for 3.7 miles this afternoon.. Not in pajamas. Garmin Connect scored that a nothing at 1.5 out of 5 for fitness. So walking is too slow and it's too ******* cold to bike, at least for me. Seriously thinking about trying to run some, or jog (maybe slog?) since pace would be really SLOW. Not sure if hippies and knees will like it though but might not hurt to at least give it a go.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Not watching that game. Watched a couple minutes tonight and then bailed and tuned in the WBB game that started at 630. I see by the thread we lost. Not going to waste my time watching something that frustrates me and definitely not going to pile into the game and end of the program threads. It's 2020 and there enough none joy that I don't need to go looking for more. Kinda down to RTT and WBB forums plus a very small dose of football thread.
Doesn't matter if we watch the game. It's the hawk infestation that is annoying. :D

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Went walkabout for 3.7 miles this afternoon.. Not in pajamas. Garmin Connect scored that a nothing at 1.5 out of 5 for fitness. So walking is too slow and it's too ******* cold to bike, at least for me. Seriously thinking about trying to run some, or jog (maybe slog?) since pace would be really SLOW. Not sure if hippies and knees will like it though but might not hurt to at least give it a go.
Take up skateboarding.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

4miles seems like a pretty good walk to me.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Take up skateboarding.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.