Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
We haven't been to church or our small group in a while but got a text last night that the family that hosted on Sunday evening tested positive for COVID. Will be interesting to see if there is any community spread from that or them being at church likely unmasked that morning.

MrsWx woke up with a dry sore throat and apparently a cough, now she has a temp of 99 so she can't go to clinical tonight and is waiting further instruction from KWood. So help me if she tests positive and has to go into isolation.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Here is the loaf of English Muffin bread that I baked. Being that the recipe calls for 500 grams of flour (4 cups) so I felt my Pullman loaf pan would be a bit small as most loaves I bake are about 3.5 cups. So I baked it using the poor man's Dutch over method.

View attachment 77120
Where's the icon for "mmmmmm"?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
We haven't been to church or our small group in a while but got a text last night that the family that hosted on Sunday evening tested positive for COVID. Will be interesting to see if there is any community spread from that or them being at church likely unmasked that morning.

MrsWx woke up with a dry sore throat and apparently a cough, now she has a temp of 99 so she can't go to clinical tonight and is waiting further instruction from KWood. So help me if she tests positive and has to go into isolation.

We started having active church services about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Attendance is slowly increasing. Masks are mandatory, as is social distancing. Every other pew is roped off, and when the service is over there are disinfectant wipes in each pew and everyone wipes down where they sat.

So far, so good.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We started having active church services about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Attendance is slowly increasing. Masks are mandatory, as is social distancing. Every other pew is roped off, and when the service is over there are disinfectant wipes in each pew and everyone wipes down where they sat.

So far, so good.
We have been Eucharistic Ministers more weeks than not. A lot of the church's cadre of EMHCs are older and I think many are opting out. I'm not sure if it is better or worse for the other services. We go to the 0730 service so it is an older congregation to begin with. The daughter gets asked many times to fill in on the Power Point as well. She could probably be doing that pretty much every week too.

I don't mind doing it this much in the short term, but I hope this isn't the new norm.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA

So far, so good.
Our church does the every other pew and about half the church times are mask mandatory. The other services are optional, but there is about 90+% compliance (I've counted a few times so the number is pretty close).

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

So far, so good.

We have had in person services since the state opened them back up. Three services total but only the 8AM is masks required. I believe they have some hand sanitizer stations around, encouraged to social distance but nothing mandatory. The services that do not require masks you likely will not find one in the building.

This is one of the 2-4 largest churches in the CR area.

Edit: And since I just received the email you have to register ahead and show your ticket at the door.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Where's the icon for "mmmmmm"?
Need this turned into an emoji like the other heads

1e0291b40c1045cf9ca42d9012f1d70e.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
My new keyboard has an emoji key, so I decided to check it out. Didn't find anything that would work well for your question, but I did find this:

I my new keyboard! :D
Well, I've tried the emojis on my phone for here but they don't work.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I've reached the point where churches that insist on meeting in-person during this are a red flag to me.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
A few things I've learned in the last twenty pages:
1. I need to keep up with RTT and chat more.
2. I'm so sorry for those with friends and family who are struggling with health issues or worse.
3. I really need to renew health insurance this week, figure out coverage, and then schedule that exam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron