Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I see a few posters will hit the same people with it no matter what. Even read one where they basically said what the other person said but they marked it dumb. Proves some people don’t read posts, they respond who it is. I find myself not pay attention to their posts since they do stuff like that. To me I mark them as I would respond if the person was standing there. I can’t find myself ever calling someone dumb or stupid. It’s just me I guess.

I went into the Chicago looting thread for a bit this morning. The line of demarcation is roughly now several miles wide. There's absolutely NO room for agreement, or even civility, for the most part.

And this seems to be the general feeling across the country. I despair.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I remarked in a thread how the dumb button should go back to being a reward for paying since it's getting so much work and it got marked 'dumb'...I think it was sarcastic rating but I almost got internet outraged about it.

Almost. (not really)

I actually think 'disagree' or 'dislike' takes care of it and the dumb rating is useless.

It's intriguing that we live in a world where grown *** adults rate internet comments.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I remarked in a thread how the dumb button should go back to being a reward for paying since it's getting so much work and it got marked 'dumb'...I think it was sarcastic rating but I almost got internet outraged about it.

Almost. (not really)

I actually think 'disagree' or 'dislike' takes care of it and the dumb rating is useless.

It's intriguing that we live in a world where grown *** adults rate internet comments.
I tend to use it on people that are flat out trolling...
Because trolling is dumb, and they are dumb. :D
Yes...I'm judgy!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
As far as 'dumb' goes, I have only honestly used it a few times - that is not counting when I have used it on friends in jest like in this thread. :jimlad:

I generally don't reply to the post because in order for me to rate it dumb it is so clearly dumb that it doesn't even deserve a comment of explanation.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
As far as 'dumb' goes, I have only honestly used it a few times - that is not counting when I have used it on friends in jest like in this thread. :jimlad:

I generally don't reply to the post because in order for me to rate it dumb it is so clearly dumb that it doesn't even deserve a comment of explanation.
I've used dumb maybe three times, of course I stay out of the cave 99% of the time :rolleyes:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
My sister's power was restored this morning. She said it was 10 hours shy of one week since it went out. This was from when the storm blew up the east coast from hurricane Isaias.

• Wow
Reactions: CloneLawman

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
My sister's power was restored this morning. She said it was 10 hours shy of one week since it went out. This was from when the storm blew up the east coast from hurricane Isaias.
Had one today that knocked out a couple poles. Created a logjam because the utility locator guy had to wait for us to get the trunk picked up so he could mark the underground and the power guys had to wait for him so they could set new poles.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Biked 28 miles, playing catch-up. 150 miles behind last year. DND.

Ear wormed myself biking Baker Road. Hilly up and down stretch and was thinking "Man, this is a ******* rollercoaster." And rest of ride Love Rollercoaster by the Ohio Players was stuck in my head. I am pretty sure NO ONE else in the Twin Cities had that tune stuck in their head or even thought of it this decade.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Biked 28 miles, playing catch-up. 150 miles behind last year. DND.

Ear wormed myself biking Baker Road. Hilly up and down stretch and was thinking "Man, this is a ******* rollercoaster." And rest of ride Love Rollercoaster by the Ohio Players was stuck in my head. I am pretty sure NO ONE else in the Twin Cities had that tune stuck in their head or even thought of it this decade.
Needs a FUNKY emoji!

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I was awakened about midnight last night by the doorbell ringing and frantic pounding on the door. It was some friends of ours, telling us the vixen's Dad had died suddenly. (We both sleep with ear plugs and turn off our phones at night.)

So we got up and drove over to Manson to be with her Mom. Her sister and brother (and their spouses) were there, we made plans for the funeral home this morning. The vixen decided to stay with her Mom, she didn't want her to be alone.

I got home about 2:45, and up at 5:30 to go to work until I get the call to go to the funeral home. Way too much going on right now to get too far behind. But I'll be pretty dead by suppertime. :confused:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I was awakened about midnight last night by the doorbell ringing and frantic pounding on the door. It was some friends of ours, telling us the vixen's Dad had died suddenly. (We both sleep with ear plugs and turn off our phones at night.)

So we got up and drove over to Manson to be with her Mom. Her sister and brother (and their spouses) were there, we made plans for the funeral home this morning. The vixen decided to stay with her Mom, she didn't want her to be alone.

I got home about 2:45, and up at 5:30 to go to work until I get the call to go to the funeral home. Way too much going on right now to get too far behind. But I'll be pretty dead by suppertime. :confused:

Situations like this you just kind of kick into a different gear and keep on moving.

My condolences to your family. It's difficult when it is sudden.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Nothing fun about those situations. Sorry to hear that. Life is a fragile, fragile thing.

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone
Status
Not open for further replies.