Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
People are just so clueless. These are wild animals that are pretty peaceful if you just leave them alone. When I was in Custer State Park and the bison were on the road and all those cars were lined up I just pulled the bike into a parking lot and just waited until they were off the road.

Did anybody see the video of all the people crowded around that bear in SE Iowa a couple weeks ago? What a bunch of goofballs. No human could outrun a bear.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
31B0of1GHML._AC_SS350_.jpg

Lord I apologize/sorry not sorry/etc.

I'll see your Snap-On and raise you a

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-30_12-33-45.png
    upload_2020-6-30_12-33-45.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 10

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Hi from a recent lurker to this thread. I hope I'm ok to join in, too many other threads devolving into bickering lately.

You're lucky you got a unit for each bedroom! I grew up with one in the living room and one in our parents room. We would put a sheet up in the hallway to create a smaller hall between just our room and parents with a fan in the middle to attempt to blow cool air to us. If we were lucky, we got to sleep in the hallway or on the floor in their room. Dad has talked about upgrading to the wall mounted option but so far he's sticking with the window units.
You are welcome to join. However watch out for the hazing.*

*It involves answering a lot of probing questions from one of our regulars. ;)

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Has cowgirl been around lately to question the new arrivals?
Basically, I think she simply weeds out the ****holsters for certain political leaders who will not be presently named in this largely apolitical thread. Oh, and this is a NO BODE ZONE.

EDIT: And we discourage posting in purple comic sans.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My parents are in eastern Wyoming for a memorial service and thought about going to Yellowstone. Temps are in the 40’s, windy and rainy. They decided to skip that, just went to visit Cody, WY instead and then will head back through SD before coming home.

@SayMyName Do you know the owners of the Iowa Fireworks Farm? Saw you mention them on the fireworks thread. Hubby was going to stop, he had a couple of trips to MO the past couple weeks but not enough time—had to get back for softball games.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
My parents are in eastern Wyoming for a memorial service and thought about going to Yellowstone. Temps are in the 40’s, windy and rainy. They decided to skip that, just went to visit Cody, WY instead and then will head back through SD before coming home.
If they are going to Cody can I assume they are driving through the Bighorn Mountains?

Status
Not open for further replies.