Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Hmmm, holiday weekend. Maybe I should brave a grocery run and get a propane tank and some grill searable food stuffs.

mmm-charred-animal-flesh.jpg

Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Sorry, Adolf. I am speechless, Sara.

Is that correct? :)

Stop. It. I was without internet for more than two hours earlier today and I'm trying to work my way back through everything here AND do my work. I don't need any smart talk, mister. (Or is it Mr.?)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
How big will the run be?

Test run was two from a small salvaged counter top piece. Made some years ago and gave to friends. Kept one small 8x12 for myself and use it almost everyday...it's held up well.

Next couple pieces should yield 4 each. Than I have one remaining big piece that could make 10 or so.

Flashback to all of those used countertops loaded and sticking out of the trunk of my '88 Honda. Heavy too. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BuffettClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Stop. It. I was without internet for more than two hours earlier today and I'm trying to work my way back through everything here AND do my work. I don't need any smart talk, mister. (Or is it Mr.?)

You're the grammar czar. I'm the last one to ask English questions to, I honestly am terrible at that.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Hi from a recent lurker to this thread. I hope I'm ok to join in, too many other threads devolving into bickering lately.

You're lucky you got a unit for each bedroom! I grew up with one in the living room and one in our parents room. We would put a sheet up in the hallway to create a smaller hall between just our room and parents with a fan in the middle to attempt to blow cool air to us. If we were lucky, we got to sleep in the hallway or on the floor in their room. Dad has talked about upgrading to the wall mounted option but so far he's sticking with the window units.
Welcome!
We made a deal with Angie a long time ago that we would police ourselves...we stick to it pretty well, so it's a refuge from some of the toxicity.

Dive on in! :)

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think I'm becoming a grouchy old lady in some respects. I really wish they would have people audition WITHOUT the sob stories on AGT. Some of the acts would never make it any further if the judges weren't all sympathetic to the stories they tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron