Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Watched the White House press briefing over the noon hour. Some reporter actually asked what the possibility was of testing every person in the United States. I was dumbfounded. Do people not even think before they blurt? The logistics alone are mind-boggling.

And you all know I'm not a tRump fan, but his answer actually made sense. He said, "If you're exhibiting the symptoms, go get tested."

This isn't that hard.

Full disclosure, I'm not a fan but I do want to point out he also listed the WRONG symptoms. Sneezing is not a symptom. If you have fever, cough, trouble breathing, those are the big signs. And CALL before you just show up. Probably an unnecessary PSA cause you guys and gals aren't dumb. There's a continuum between not enough testing and logistically impossible/impractical and I think most experts would agree that right now we're still nearer to the former vs. the latter. I'll stop politicking in here now.

Back to rum and popcorn. Week 1 of WFH + toddler parenting in the book. I need a lot of drink to prep for a big group video call at peak toddler time Monday morning...........same time DH has a call. I swear all our calls were at the same time this week.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I ordered groceries on Tuesday expecting a Wednesday delivery. They’ve messaged me today and said to expect a Monday delivery. What’s the point? I could last till Monday not caring about getting my whole food pyramid I suppose. I think I’ll order restaurant delivery while I still can to make it last. Just was trying to social distance completely.

Ordered some more from a different service/store to hopefully be able to stock up. Or get food sooner.

I sold my car not long ago because I was straight up not using it. Kinda biting me in the ass now.

how is life lately? got any pepper seeds going or do you not do that and just get plants?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Reading that you shouldn’t drink alcohol in these times. Makes you more susceptible to Coronavirus.

3tgrmt.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: harimad and NWICY

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Watched, the men who stare at goats, it was absolutely awful.

I thought it was hilarious! Jeff Bridges stole the film. Simply a bunch of stupendously stupid people who just happen to be in control of the US military. (That's not that farfetched, actually.)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
******* deer. Had to chase them away from yews at 0720. Sprayed the shrubs with stinky stuff after that. Was only up cause HD called and was dropping off my sheetrock. Cost a ridiculous among for delivery but WTF. They did carry into the garage which was nice.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
******* deer. Had to chase them away from yews at 0720. Sprayed the shrubs with stinky stuff after that. Was only up cause HD called and was dropping off my sheetrock. Cost a ridiculous among for delivery but WTF. They did carry into the garage which was nice.

Congrats on getting your sheet rock delivered.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Full disclosure, I'm not a fan but I do want to point out he also listed the WRONG symptoms. Sneezing is not a symptom. If you have fever, cough, trouble breathing, those are the big signs. And CALL before you just show up. Probably an unnecessary PSA cause you guys and gals aren't dumb. There's a continuum between not enough testing and logistically impossible/impractical and I think most experts would agree that right now we're still nearer to the former vs. the latter. I'll stop politicking in here now.

Back to rum and popcorn. Week 1 of WFH + toddler parenting in the book. I need a lot of drink to prep for a big group video call at peak toddler time Monday morning...........same time DH has a call. I swear all our calls were at the same time this week.
DH and I also wfh, and at least twice this week had zoom/webex/etc. calls at the same time. At real workplace I can close my door if needed. My new dining room workplace is open concept with our kitchen. (Sorry, too many housebuying shows watched.) That means there are no doors. Mute audio and video is the way to go.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
DH and I also wfh, and at least twice this week had zoom/webex/etc. calls at the same time. At real workplace I can close my door if needed. My new dining room workplace is open concept with our kitchen. (Sorry, too many housebuying shows watched.) That means there are no doors. Mute audio and video is the way to go.

Kinda similar to our house. Except for the bedrooms and baths, we don't have walls or doors. Why we usually end up hosting family things since we can do larger groups.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Busy couple of days working on what I can from home. Actually a little bit of a slow period but next week will be busy. Finished the back splash and it looks great.

Going to do a test flight of live streaming on YouTube for an EAA thing here in a bit. Can't beat a date with a Bonanza! Fingers crossed that it works!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Serendipity is the film that caused me to fall in love with the woman pictured to the left. (And yes, the vixen is well aware of this.)
I have to put up with Goldie Hawn. Fortunately, Lew is "allergic" to plastic of the surgical variety, so that obsession is waning with each new "repair". He's not a big fan of botox and "bee-stung" lips. :D

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Still waiting for our stuff to arrive. Soon, I hope...it would give us something to do! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.