Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
So with an increased amount of down time, I am considering trying to tackle the Star Wars saga. Judge away and call me living under a rock but I have seen next to none of the movies and understand the story very little. In the last couple of years, I have had an increased level of interest in doing this but also know that once I get into it I am going to want to fully dive into the story so have withheld knowing the time commitment. I also know they are good movies and don’t want to half ass it and get all I can out of them. Any tips on how to approach this massive venture? TIA

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Watched the White House press briefing over the noon hour. Some reporter actually asked what the possibility was of testing every person in the United States. I was dumbfounded. Do people not even think before they blurt? The logistics alone are mind-boggling.

And you all know I'm not a tRump fan, but his answer actually made sense. He said, "If you're exhibiting the symptoms, go get tested."

This isn't that hard.
i mean the answer makes sense, but most people exhibiting symptoms can't get a test. Unless you play in the NBA.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
So with an increased amount of down time, I am considering trying to tackle the Star Wars saga. Judge away and call me living under a rock but I have seen next to none of the movies and understand the story very little. In the last couple of years, I have had an increased level of interest in doing this but also know that once I get into it I am going to want to fully dive into the story so have withheld knowing the time commitment. I also know they are good movies and don’t want to half ass it and get all I can out of them. Any tips on how to approach this massive venture? TIA
skip the ones from the 2000s entirely and arguably the new ones.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Watched the White House press briefing over the noon hour. Some reporter actually asked what the possibility was of testing every person in the United States. I was dumbfounded. Do people not even think before they blurt? The logistics alone are mind-boggling.

And you all know I'm not a tRump fan, but his answer actually made sense. He said, "If you're exhibiting the symptoms, go get tested."

This isn't that hard.

Yes it is.

People have it without symptoms, are spreading it without symptoms, and people with symptoms aren't able to get tested.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yes but how can there be over 300 million test kits for a virus that was unknown 3 months ago? As of Jan 14 China was telling the WHO that there was no evidence that human to human transmission was possible.

How do you test that many in a 24 to 48 hour. Because if you don’t do it all at once there may be some that are going to flare up and in that short time Take negative test to a positive test

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
It think Harvey Weinstein is out on parole and shopping at Walmart North Grand. Splitting image of him walking behind a cart as though he was going to trial in his walker. His attire had left a little to the imagination. Especially the vertical smile due to sweat pants shortage around the mid section.

As I was checking out I saw him leaving the store with something under his arm as he bypassed the checkout area. Needless to say, the alarm went off. As this was going the Walmart mafia was eagle eyeing ever cart for excessive amounts of hard to get items these days like water and hand sanitizer.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
How do you test that many in a 24 to 48 hour. Because if you don’t do it all at once there may be some that are going to flare up and in that short time Take negative test to a positive test
You were quick on this one, I had deleted it as I didn't want to turn RTT into yet another non stop corona virus discussion. But yes, It's just not possible to just test everyone and immediately have results in regards to who has it and who doesn't

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

You do know there is no nudity in these? So adjust your expectations. Just sayin'. ;)

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012

Here's a link to an article outlining several different options.

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-watch-the-star-wars-movies-in-order

Reactions: JM4CY

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

I'd also recommend watching the different TV shows as well as the movies. Clone Wars, Rebels and Mandalorian are all excellent.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Village is saying to drop water bill payments into the drop box since the village hall is closed. The website says that using envelopes or paperclips isn't required. So one could drop the bill stub and a wad of cash in the box and be good? I used an envelope.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Ventured into town for groceries needed fresh fruits and veggies. Paper products are out at Aldi's meat, bread, canned goods were all thin. Freezer section was good along with the fruits and vegetables. Passed on Fareway looked too busy for me. KwikStar had plenty of bread as long as you were ok with plain white still on sale for 49 cents a loaf.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Ventured into town for groceries needed fresh fruits and veggies. Paper products are out at Aldi's meat, bread, canned goods were all thin. Freezer section was good along with the fruits and vegetables. Passed on Fareway looked too busy for me. KwikStar had plenty of bread as long as you were ok with plain white still on sale for 49 cents a loaf.

I ordered groceries on Tuesday expecting a Wednesday delivery. They’ve messaged me today and said to expect a Monday delivery. What’s the point? I could last till Monday not caring about getting my whole food pyramid I suppose. I think I’ll order restaurant delivery while I still can to make it last. Just was trying to social distance completely.

Ordered some more from a different service/store to hopefully be able to stock up. Or get food sooner.

I sold my car not long ago because I was straight up not using it. Kinda biting me in the ass now.

Status
Not open for further replies.