Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Three pies seems like a lot-o-pie for two peeps. I don't think cats eat pie, correct?

Now wondering what the expiration date is on the frozen pumpkin pie in my freezer. :oops:
Gave 2/3 of the pecan away because I'm tne only one who likes it. Settled on making a apple pie after the pumpkin runs out. :D

• Wow
Reactions: dirtyninety

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Gave 2/3 of the pecan away because I'm tne only one who likes it. Settled on making a apple pie after the pumpkin runs out. :D
Mrs. Velo is making pumpkin and apple tonight. I think she really wants to make a cherry too but I don't think she has another pie pan. For about 20 years after working at the Hy-Vee bakery she refused to eat pie.

I can't complain about having to make the turkey and mashed potatoes since daughter made peanut butter fudge and Mrs. Velo is making everything else.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
"Baked" my frozen pie after reading all of the real pie talk. Got distracted doing laundry....probably could have taken it out before it got quite this done, not burned at least.

Laundry is mostly pajamas and the last ride biking gear. ;)

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I finally figured out the song on that laundry commercial. They changed the lyrics but I knew I had heard it before.

It's "Got Your Money" by ODB. Be warned if you play it, that the original version is definitely NSFW.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Mrs. Velo is making pumpkin and apple tonight. I think she really wants to make a cherry too but I don't think she has another pie pan. For about 20 years after working at the Hy-Vee bakery she refused to eat pie.

I can't complain about having to make the turkey and mashed potatoes since daughter made peanut butter fudge and Mrs. Velo is making everything else.
I used to make about 10 pies on Wednesday for our church's free community Thanksgiving dinner, and then 10-12 more on Friday for our family Thanksgiving (held on Saturday). Leadership changed, and we no longer participate in the dinner on Thursday, but in normal times we still have our family dinner on Saturday. It's easier for the out of towners to come for a couple of days that way. And yeah, at minimum, 10 pies. 2-3 pumpkin, 2-3 pecan, mincemeat, apple, cherry, nobake cheescake, and banana cream. Everyone has their favorites, and much of the extra pie goes home with the families.

Last time I made a bunch of pies for a family gathering, we changed the rules on serving yourself dessert. We had noticed that grandkids came through and got huge slices of pie, then ate 2-3 bites & left the rest on the plate. A LOT of wasted pie, and not much left for the adults to have. So last time, the adults went through FIRST and got their desserts, then the kids were let loose. They did a much better job of controlling their selections too. WINNING!

Reactions: NWICY

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
we are doing car side to go from my parent’s house this Thanksgiving. It was going to be too difficult to pare down a full thanksgiving dinner.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I just made sure we had a can of evaporated milk for the made-from-scratch pumpkin pie. The "best by" date is Oct. 31, 2019.

I used some spaghetti sauce last a while back that had a best by date of May 2017. Opened the jar smelled it gave it a little taste and rolled with it, I got by with it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Z wants to make cinnamon rolls! So, once we buy the ingredients and clear space for rolling!
I'm not planning on a topping..but any cheap and tasty recommendations?

Isn't it just a little powdered sugar and water? Not sure I defer to the real cooks on this one.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
@cowgirl836 almost got you a memento from the 2020 election today, went by a house today that had 3 Trump flags on it one of them was a bright pink women for Trump flag. Thought you would like it as a sign of you vanquishing him. However it was daylight and I'm not a thief so no memento for you.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
odds and ends

Went by a house last night that had a fake white Christmas tree the topper on it was a snowman's head it was funny and made me smile. I wouldn't want one but it was neat to see.

Evidently the 10 pm bar close is good business for liquor stores. I was going east on a 4 lane and the drive thru liquor store had it's drive thru lane clear full and probably 6 cars stopped on the street waiting to turn in. Evidently there is is a lot of self medication going on the next few days.

And what's up with that Asgrow ad of course there is time for one more field it Freaking daylight out.

Reactions: cyrevkah

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Man those are some big ass caterpillars that live above Luka Garza's eyes.

Also in MBB Drake took down KState.

Reactions: WooBadger18
Status
Not open for further replies.