Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Hy Vee was pretty busy, all the checkout stands were open but one with a line at least 2 carts deep at each one.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just had to walk someone through the vastly over complicated way to log onto a client system. I tell them to bookmark a webpage and you would think I asked to memorize War & Peace.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
On the rare occasion I do go in I try to make it right when they open to try to make it as painless as possible.

I saw something on them about how they just tell a company we will buy xx amount of your product at a unit cost of .yy and it is up to the company to figure out how to get their unit cost down or lose the deal. When people say they bought the exact same thing at Walmart for cheaper they are not getting the exact same thing. Same thing as Black Friday, you aren't getting a $500 TV for $250. You're getting a $250 TV.

Dealt with 3M a lot. They told many things I never knew. Like Walmart does NOT own the product on the shelves. The company does. Walmart leases the good space to companies and then sells their product for X price and then “buys” that piece from the company for the agreed upon price. You don’t want to pay for the good space of the end cap, you can get the 4th shelf up in the middle pretty cheap.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Looks like they are cancelling and closing everything in NY. All travel sites and numbers are jammed or the companies have ran away from them. So it appears we are going to pee away 3k down our legs or take a risk of not being able to get back.

Have some cash from a sale coming in tomorrow. If we don't go, I'm sticking it in stocks for about three to five months and rolling the dice that I can get a 5-10% return and get this money back.

One way to look at it--practically any time you plan to fly you're risking not getting that money back.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Hy Vee was pretty busy, all the checkout stands were open but one with a line at least 2 carts deep at each one.

It's been crazy the past three days. I was walking in at 5:06a, and a guy was walking out with a huge cartload already. Nearly wiped us out of Lysol/Clorox wipes that had just come in on the truck overnight. All the wipes were gone by 7:30a, and all TP gone by 12:30p. We've been out of hand sanitizer since last Wednesday.

@BCClone glad you could recuperate some of your cost. Any type of travel company is going to absolutely eat it these next 2-3 weeks.

Parents just landed 30 minutes ago from having been in AZ for spring training. I think one game got rained out, the other cancelled. Just glad they're back in their home state now. Hope they have TP.

Reactions: BCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Dang convenience store isn't allowing refills right now, guess I'll have to go by some two liters and gallons of water.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Spring break was going to be a whirlwind trip to New York. Then they started cancelling everything. So we backed out. Today we decided we would drive down to Nashville and just see what’s there. Packed our clothes and I had fueled up the suburban. Wife talks to a co-worker who is on the way there already. They are between St Louis and Nashville and called ahead and was informed that everything but the bars are closed so they turned around. Kinda blew that up. So spring break ended up being a trip to the OP in clear lake for supper. Kinda underwhelming this year.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah and NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
@BCClone glad you could recuperate some of your cost. Any type of travel company is going to absolutely eat it these next 2-3 weeks.

We had a hotel booked for a four night stay in College Station. Non-refundable. I sent a request for a partial refund, explained why we couldn't come (Texas sis says they are limiting visiting in OR out of the facility), and telling them that we would be staying with them when we reschedule our trip. Hoping for the best (even a "store credit" would be nice). Should hear within 48 hours according to the website.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So what is ESPN going to show? Cornhole competition? Kinda kills their being.

FSN is showing fishing shows.

Fishing is one of my biggest passions...these people on these shows are about as opposite as possible from how I go about it from all the types of gear, expensive equipment/boats/anchors. But I still watch them.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Randoms:

NDY

Should I be concerned that Amazon knows I talk to myself in a Mr. Bill voice when I've had a bit-o-wine to drink? I mean Alexa is listening.

Guilty Friday night drinking pleasure, watching Gold Rush. Now in Auzzyland and dat gal with dat accent.

House smells like curry. Not a bad thing.

Sliced my figure with kitchen knife. Did a Mr. Bill "Oh, no!".

In the new apocalyptic world should I be sleeping with a gun?

Hershey chocolate kisses are the devil. As are Oreo thin bites.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Also Friday the 13th marathon on SyFy.

They're bad plots but sometimes the bad filming/camera work actually led to some pretty spooky stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.