Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Nice little 12 hr day at work, hopefully tomorrow will be better. Did get done in time to stop at the legion and have a steak, pretty sure I was the last paying customer got there at 7:45 and it ended at 8.

Boxster , you silly boy alcohol will kill all those nasty viruses. ;)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If ESPN showed more stuff like this Basketball: A Love Story more often I'd watch way more ESPN.

I'd love it if they showed some of their old 'NFL Films presents' stuff with that classic music.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
If ESPN showed more stuff like this Basketball: A Love Story more often I'd watch way more ESPN.

I'd love it if they showed some of their old 'NFL Films presents' stuff with that classic music.
I watched our game against Texas last year on cyclone.tv. Damn, I miss basketball tournaments!

On a second note, I got an email from the hotel in College Station. They are refunding us in full, despite the fact that we booked on a non-cancellation rate. Damn straight we will continue to use that hotel when we go down there. :)

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I had one piece of cinnamon raisen bread left that I was going to have this morning. Somebody ate it. First no NY, then no nashville, now now CR toast. Getting really PO'd right now.

Cinnamon raisin toast is delicious, too. I'm sorry you guys had such a rough time this week. It was all the right choices but it still sucks. I hope you can do something fun over summer break instead. Hopefully this will all be in a manageable place by then.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Cinnamon raisin toast is delicious, too. I'm sorry you guys had such a rough time this week. It was all the right choices but it still sucks. I hope you can do something fun over summer break instead. Hopefully this will all be in a manageable place by then.

Summers never work, softball, baseball and volleyball, and now throw in a summer internship. One of the very rare occasions that ISU and the local school match up for spring break, so our basic only chance is gone. Maybe do a day trip out to new york with the plane tickets we have otherwise they are a waste. Just wasn't meant to be I guess.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Bought a loaf of this as part of my survival rations the other day. It's some dense hearty stuff.

ch-cranberrywildrice.jpg

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I had one piece of cinnamon raisen bread left that I was going to have this morning. Somebody ate it. First no NY, then no nashville, now now CR toast. Getting really PO'd right now.

Where do you get your cinnamon raisin bread? Aldi's makes a pretty good one, the loaves are kind of small but tasty.

Last edited:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Some people are just never prepared to do their job, they schedule work and then when the time comes they just fumble around.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Where do you get your cinnamon raisin bread? Aldi's makes a pretty good one, the loaves are kind of small but tasty.

The local in town store. We get as much there as possible. Our oldest and their middle were best friends in HS, they live a block over from us, their oldest coached our youngest son's BB team when we asked. We like the family and while we don't want to spend any more than needed, we also want to keep a business in town especially when its this family that owns it.

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I watched our game against Texas last year on cyclone.tv. Damn, I miss basketball tournaments!

On a second note, I got an email from the hotel in College Station. They are refunding us in full, despite the fact that we booked on a non-cancellation rate. Damn straight we will continue to use that hotel when we go down there. :)

That's one thing some of these sites can do...at least keep customers around for if/when it ends.

I've heard of some restaurants doing take out by having the workers take the food out to cars. Still pretty leery about that but at least there's an effort.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just got the unfortunate task of getting to inform a friend (honestly the nicest guy I have or will ever meet) that his ex-wife, that divorced him, got married over the last week to the former mule that she divorced him for.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thought going walkabout in adjacent Teddy Wirth Park would be okay. Maybe not. Ran into neighbors with their dog that wanted to talk...tried to keep back. Later in the park there were peeps everywhere. Guess I'll suspend walkabouts on weekends, weekdays might be okay. If felt like coughing at some of the peeps to remind them to keep back some.

At least I knew they were coming. Even in the woods people are so ******* loud I can hear them coming from over 100 yards away. They all are talking to each other like they are all hard of hearing. Seriously this one group of four was like a good 150 feet away and I could hear exactly what they were talking about. Every damn word. I've been calling it the "The invasion of the loud people" for a few years now. I don't get it.

• Friendly
Reactions: oldman
Status
Not open for further replies.