RAGBRAI route

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I don't think they sold RV passes for the RV Village. The RAGBRAI Ames map that I picked up at the Ames Farmers Market showed several spots designated for RV parking, but they didn't include the RV Village.

Also, it seems that there will be a "Welcome Center" at the east end of the bridge. It will have some food trucks and I think even Ames Lager samples. But not full RV or tent camping. Good look keeping people out. They will need patrols on both ends.

Spots were definitely sold in the RV lot. $100 per.

5f752a8f-4db8-4792-b8b1-98a99c7e60a5.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Spots were definitely sold in the RV lot. $100 per.

5f752a8f-4db8-4792-b8b1-98a99c7e60a5.jpg

It makes sense. I was surprised when the map I got on Saturday at the RAGBRAI booth at the Ames Farmers Market didn't see them using the RV Village.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Yes. Last time I believe it was on the actual field's perimeter concrete. Think the ramp by Jacobsen was the entry and exit.
They were handing out stickers on the way out and the concrete on the ramp and parking lot was littered with them.
IMG_4730.jpeg

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Am I reading this quote out of the Des Moines Register correctly?! This was in a recent RAGBRAI article.

There's still a chance to make a few more of those memories, though, as the ride passes through the center of Iowa's premier college town, Iowa City, and descends to the Mississippi at the scenic old river town of Muscatine.

Who gives the author the authority to make this statement?

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Candide

Jan 4, 2020
Livin the Moon Times
Am I reading this quote out of the Des Moines Register correctly?! This was in a recent RAGBRAI article.

There's still a chance to make a few more of those memories, though, as the ride passes through the center of Iowa's premier college town, Iowa City, and descends to the Mississippi at the scenic old river town of Muscatine.

Life and facts do. I love Ames and hate all things U of I, but IC is running laps around every place in Iowa, college town or not.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

That's not for this year. We're finishing in Davenport, not Muscatine.

• Informative
Reactions: I@ST1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That's not for this year. We're finishing in Davenport, not Muscatine.

True, choices of death in the heat in Davenport. Bike the RAGBRAI or run the Bix 7 tomorrow morning. Niece is running da Bix, hope she takes it easy. It's crazy hilly and always stupid hot and humid. I ran it four times back when I wasn't such an old guy. DND.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I was surprised when I looked closer at the map they could have just as easily ended the ride at Muscatine and not had to go into Davenport.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
The riders get to look at the Mississippi for about 30 miles.

That is not the comfy chair, it is the Spanish Inquisition.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY