RAGBRAI route

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
So you knew about it, but complaining that the City didn't notify you directly?
No, my complaint is they said they notified people impacted by the route, but they didn’t actually do that. Not a problem for me personally as I can see notifications on Facebook, but again my elderly neighbors didn’t have any idea about it, it’s not a world ending deal for one day but it is annoying that they claim to notify impacted people and didn’t. I am also not the only person frustrated by this because the city had to shut off all comments on ragbrai posts.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And? Still handled poorly by the city, they already handle road construction planning poorly, they didn’t need to add this event to the cluster **** that is driving here
I know a lot of cities have roads under construction but just remember some are State based like Duff, Lincoln Way, Ankeny Blvd, etc.

I understand people can get frustrated about ragbrai but a lot of organizations like churches, legion halls, boy scouts can make some money.
It does a lot of good.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
I know a lot of cities have roads under construction but just remember some are State based like Duff, Lincoln Way, Ankeny Blvd, etc.

I understand people can get frustrated about ragbrai but a lot of organizations like churches, legion halls, boy scouts can make some money.
It does a lot of good.
Fair enough

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
And? Still handled poorly by the city, they already handle road construction planning poorly, they didn’t need to add this event to the cluster **** that is driving here

They would have been psychotic to deny it. Businesses downtown and in the district outweigh somebody’s inconvenience for one day.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
No, my complaint is they said they notified people impacted by the route, but they didn’t actually do that. Not a problem for me personally as I can see notifications on Facebook, but again my elderly neighbors didn’t have any idea about it, it’s not a world ending deal for one day but it is annoying that they claim to notify impacted people and didn’t. I am also not the only person frustrated by this because the city had to shut off all comments on ragbrai posts.
I live in north Ankeny and the only way in or out of our neighborhood is Irvinedale, which will be blocked by Ragbrai. Ankeny sent us a letter showing the route and explaining everything with the street being down and how we can get in and out of the neighborhood. So they did notify some people at least. Sucks they didn't get your neighborhood.

Reactions: cybychoice

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
I live in north Ankeny and the only way in or out of our neighborhood is Irvinedale, which will be blocked by Ragbrai. Ankeny sent us a letter showing the route and explaining everything with the street being down and how we can get in and out of the neighborhood. So they did notify some people at least. Sucks they didn't get your neighborhood.
Glad they told you guys!

Frog

May 6, 2021
Does anyone have the specifics for the last day? Specifically into and out of Buffalo? Online searches show nothing specific or to this detail. The only one I find is very generic and it says Highway 61 on the last leg from Buffalo to Davenport; which may be partially correct, but Highway 61 does not even go within 2-3 miles of Buffalo. TIA
It routes on hwy 22 from Muscatine through Buffalo, under 280, then when 22 meets 61 business the route follows 61 along the river into Davenport proper. It ends at the Marquette street boat ramp just down river from Modern Woodman/River Bandits ball park.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Does anyone have the specifics for the last day? Specifically into and out of Buffalo? Online searches show nothing specific or to this detail. The only one I find is very generic and it says Highway 61 on the last leg from Buffalo to Davenport; which may be partially correct, but Highway 61 does not even go within 2-3 miles of Buffalo. TIA
It is 22 to 61.

Attachments

• IMG_2696.jpeg
    IMG_2696.jpeg
    310.8 KB · Views: 33

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
@Frog got the details for me. Thanks. That map shows 61 all the way from Buffalo, which is incorrect.

They don’t read the best but it is always where the road listed previously intersects where the next road is shown. This map is correct just not the greatest in terms of detail.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Did they sell rv passess at the RV Village for RAGBRAI?

I don't think they sold RV passes for the RV Village. The RAGBRAI Ames map that I picked up at the Ames Farmers Market showed several spots designated for RV parking, but they didn't include the RV Village.

Also, it seems that there will be a "Welcome Center" at the east end of the bridge. It will have some food trucks and I think even Ames Lager samples. But not full RV or tent camping. Good look keeping people out. They will need patrols on both ends.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

Every house in Ankeny is going to be impacted and short of mailing something to everyone, there’s not much more to do. They’ve blasted the route on the news websites and social media. I’m sure there’s coverage on the news channels, I just don’t watch local news.

The riders are cutting the town in half so neither side will be able to get to the other without major detours. We’re like a block and an half off the posted route and the trestle trail on the NW side and didn’t get anything. We won’t be able to access anything on the east side of town. It is what it is. I guess we’ll go to Johnston if we need anything that day.

Reactions: wintersmd

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Don’t kid yourself. Elderly people’s traditional ”social media” is faster than facebook, let me guarantee you. They know about it.

• Funny
Reactions: cycloner29

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Every house in Ankeny is going to be impacted and short of mailing something to everyone, there’s not much more to do. They’ve blasted the route on the news websites and social media. I’m sure there’s coverage on the news channels, I just don’t watch local news.

The riders are cutting the town in half so neither side will be able to get to the other without major detours. We’re like a block and an half off the posted route and the trestle trail on the NW side and didn’t get anything. We won’t be able to access anything on the east side of town. It is what it is. I guess we’ll go to Johnston if we need anything that day.

Fuuuckkkk…all the way to Johnston?

Help Support Us

Become a patron