Racist UofI Hawkkks - Settlement Paid By Tax Payers

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
He didn't go after KF with this for a few reasons... 1) this was the first discrimination lawsuit against the football program, whereas it was #4 against Barta's athetic department; 2) unlike some discrimination cases where it's very clear that person A said something/did something/harrassed someone/etc. this was about a culture within the program. Not saying they're right or wrong or that you should agree or disagree, just putting it out there that those were Sand's rationales when he was on M&A today talking about why he wasn't targeting KF as well as GB.
You really don't need to do this here.

• Dumb
Reactions: tzjung and CyDude16

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
Did the vote on the settlement this afternoon leak before Sand's comments? Or was the approval vote going to happen without public knowledge before he talked to the media?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Did the vote on the settlement this afternoon leak before Sand's comments? Or was the approval vote going to happen without public knowledge before he talked to the media?
Sand let the other 2 guys on the SAB know on Friday his position, and apparently called Barta's office and let them know his position before releasing to the media.

Reactions: CydeofFries

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
Sand let the other 2 guys on the SAB know on Friday his position, and apparently called Barta's office and let them know his position before releasing to the media.
Gotcha, that's good to know. Was the original plan not to release anything to the public until after the vote and just breeze over the payment terms when addressing it? Like if someone other than Sand, or if he had the opposite opinion, would this not come out until the FOIAs process?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Gotcha, that's good to know. Was the original plan not to release anything to the public until after the vote and just breeze over the payment terms when addressing it? Like if someone other than Sand, or if he had the opposite opinion, would this not come out until the FOIAs process?
As one of the previous posters mentioned I agree that Sand knew this wasn't going to go anywhere, he probably released his position after letting the other SAB guys and Barta know but before the actual vote to make a media splash. Partly for his own purposes, Sand is an aspiring politician; but also I think because he actually believes in his stance and wanted to put heat on the other guys for greenlighting taxpayers being hung out to dry. I'm a fan of the guy.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
He didn't go after KF with this for a few reasons... 1) this was the first discrimination lawsuit against the football program, whereas it was #4 against Barta's athetic department; 2) unlike some discrimination cases where it's very clear that person A said something/did something/harrassed someone/etc. this was about a culture within the program. Not saying they're right or wrong or that you should agree or disagree, just putting it out there that those were Sand's rationales when he was on M&A today talking about why he wasn't targeting KF as well as GB.

Thanks, I hadn't seen those comments. I still find that a pretty weak dodge on Sand's part.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron