Quote from Coach Martin on loss via ESPN

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
If I were a coach in the Big XII, I would want MCD around too. 4-12 is easy pickins

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Personally, I think his biggest negative was his association with Huggins. Since you don't hear him much on the national media and his intense sideline demeanor, there wasn't anything to discount that. Now with these several statements I may be warming up to the guy.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Martin gets a bad rap for no apparent reason. It's seems no one in this thread can offer up a good reason for disliking him, but there are plenty of reasons to respect him. If we truly are the classy fanbase we claim to be, we ought to be more gracious to him and all of our opponents.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Sounds like a wonderful classfest after the game. We won't be going to the NCAA's in the forseeable future but we have a class coach that other class coaches like so we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

****, I miss Larry.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Sounds like a wonderful classfest after the game. We won't be going to the NCAA's in the forseeable future but we have a class coach that other class coaches like so we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

****, I miss Larry.

I kinda do too.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Martin gets a bad rap for no apparent reason. It's seems no one in this thread can offer up a good reason for disliking him, but there are plenty of reasons to respect him. If we truly are the classy fanbase we claim to be, we ought to be more gracious to him and all of our opponents.

I think it's the inference a lot of people make from him paying 400K to his recruiting assistant coach.