Property Insurance

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
I just did it quickly online and it was with Homesite. Also noticed the roof deductible is 1% of dwelling coverage if the roof is 5 year or newer which mine is right at 5 years old. I'm currently with Nationwide and the price hike was fairly steep, but I would keep my $1000 deductible on everything including roof replacement. I did have my first 2 claims in the last 2 years, 1 auto and 1 homeowners. Before that I was clean for 6 years. Nationwide was easy to deal with on both.

Really feels like auto is where I could save money depending on loss of multi policy with Nationwide.
How much did your coverage limits go up? Companies have been pretty aggressive with the Replacement Cost valuations, so if your home coverage limits went up 15%, the overall premium would follow in addition to the rate taken

Reactions: Jnecker4cy

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
...and record corperate profits?
I don’t think the insurance companies are exactly printing money right now. Some are actually becoming insolvent or have their carrier ratings downgraded which will soon serve the same effect because no one with a mortgage on their house can use them if their rating is too low

• Winner
Reactions: chadly82

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I don’t think the insurance companies are exactly printing money right now. Some are actually becoming insolvent or have their carrier ratings downgraded which will soon serve the same effect because no one with a mortgage on their house can use them if their rating is too low
Yup, we need to have a good year this year with no major storms preferably.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron