Property Insurance

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
My renewal for my property insurance showed up in the mail today. Up 20%. I have had no claims in the last 3 years so I get a small deduction . Wow big deal. My agent wasn’t in the mood to discuss it with me because it is Friday, he has to work late today because he has a number of customers who have been dropped, so he is looking for new companies to get them coverage. I didn’t complain after that. I hope you aren’t someone who has been dropped.
Go Cyclones.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
My renewal for my property insurance showed up in the mail today. Up 20%. I have had no claims in the last 3 years so I get a small deduction . Wow big deal. My agent wasn’t in the mood to discuss it with me because it is Friday, he has to work late today because he has a number of customers who have been dropped, so he is looking for new companies to get them coverage. I didn’t complain after that. I hope you aren’t someone who has been dropped.
Go Cyclones.
Honestly 20% is on the low end.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Go Cyclones.
Consider yourself lucky.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I’m an insurance agent. Just be happy you live in Iowa. We didn’t take near the hit most of the country has taken like Florida, Texas, California. Iowa is not bad but yeah it still sucks
Compounding the problem is rebuild costs are up a ton due to inflation. So more losses on top of higher costs of those losses. Double whammy.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Had to make the switch this year. Went to State Farm and saved a ton. Grinnell mutual rates skyrocketed this year

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Had to make the switch this year. Went to State Farm and saved a ton. Grinnell mutual rates skyrocketed this year
We have vehicle and homeowners insurance with State Farm. Bundling does help with discounts.

For those saying deracho is the big reason for increases, that was almost 3 years ago. I just find it hard it would take that long for rates to adjust here.