Prohm Hired As ISU MBB Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm pumped and excited because it tells me this was a complete and comprehensive search. I just reviewed coach's record and was impressed with his string of victories and competitiveness.

I'm glad we had multiple levels from ISU admims; it's a check-n-balance system.

Hang that "Proper Search" banner high in the rafters of Hilton! I could care less how the search was conducted if the search produces the wrong guy.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Is half of this board related to TJ???

Never seen so much concern over the employment situation of an assistant coach

Were there any Cyclone message boards in existance when Floyd was hired over Hallihan? I know on campus at the time, the students generally favored him.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I'm happy with the hire, especially if he keeps TJ or gets a good recruiter. Now what I don't understand is everyone ******* melting down. ISU fans are known and yet here we are giving this guy crap before he has even started? What the hell is wrong with some of you?

As far as "Gmac 2.0" - none of you know that. If anything, he's like Ben Jacobson. You see, Prohm was an assistant at Murray State as they were doing well. Their coach, Kennedy, went to Texas A&M. Prohm was named HC and the success continued under him. The same thing happened with Ben Jacobson at UNI. So if you want to use some sort of analogy, he's not Greg McDermott - he's Ben Jacobson.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I like this. Murray St. plays an uptempo style, and that reflects on the coach. Plus, maybe he'll bring some defense along with him.

Man this thread is reminding me a lot of "Fran McCaffrey announced as Iowa coach" thread on HN.com a few years back.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

No, some of us just saw what happened when he left the first time. Hint: What happened was we got no HS commitments from the US who are still here.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
He should get whatever assistants he wants or feels he needs. Should be 100% up to Prohm. Can't dictate who the guys assistants are.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Also, Welcome aboard Coach Prohm! I hope we don't have to write nasty things about you on our message board in the future! :smile:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

This is going to sound silly/stupid from me, but I feel bad for TJ if he was led to believe the job was his. Of course, if he wasn't led to believe that then it sucks but it is the way the cookie crumbles.

What I hope is that Prohm hit the interview out of the park and made Jamie pick him over TJ.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
TJ to the Bulls?

Hopefully not to Marquette, MN, Iowa, or Nebby. Or we will somehow get LESS players than we already have been getting the past couple of years. Also...bye bye NN...and back to if we don't make the Final Four this year the next couple of years will be bleak.

Last edited:

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
AWESOME

He seems to have a boatload of energy, and hopefully a lot of that goes towards recruiting (we'll need it!). I'm ecstatic to have a guy who seems like he'll prioritize recruiting, especially since it sounds like Fred wasn't too keen on that aspect of the game (from his post-departure comments). A coach who starts phoning it in on the recruiting trail is a dangerous thing.

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
Ok, Clones. It's pronounced Pro-m, not Prom. Let's not pull an Iowa and be all Fer-EN-ts.

Status
Not open for further replies.