Printed Ticket = Win

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Great, slam him in that thread. You holding a grudge into this thread is childish.

I do have a problem with people who are making this into a big deal. You don't have to like it but it's the way it's going to be and ISU did a great job communicating how to get this done. People on CF did a great job communicating how to do these things. I do carry a grudge here because it implies ISU did a poor job here when it's 100% his choice.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Colorado State (I assume every team) went online only tickets, which I had pulled down and ready to scan. Their security literally just checked a few purses and that was it. No scanning of tickets and no one stopping open containers from coming in LOL. Just like the old days...

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
The only issue I have with this is I have kept my paper ticket from every sporting event I have been to since i was 15 years old. So now that everything is mobile I can no longer do that...unfortunately.
Other posters have said printing the physical tickets is really expensive for the AD.
I'd be willing to shell out another ~$50 to get physical tickets in the mail. Nothing better then when those arrive in the mail. It's like Christmas in August.

Javinegli

Aug 22, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I had mine saved to my gpay, but it wouldn't load it through the ticket master icon. Many people were just walking into the stadium unscanned and so did I

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I had mine saved to my gpay, but it wouldn't load it through the ticket master icon. Many people were just walking into the stadium unscanned and so did I
All of this "nonscanning" has me wondering how they can give out a verified accurate number of attendees? ;)

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

I had the same issue, but then realized if you click the little credit card icon on the upper right of your GPay app, it opens your tickets without having to 'load' them from TicketMaster.

Reactions: Javinegli

SuperTrooper

Mar 26, 2012
Having a printed out ticket or a mobile ticket doesn't matter at the gate. They take the same amount of time. But keep ragging on people who don't want to do it the "correct" way. As others have said the athletic department did this to save them a significant amount of time and I don't blame them.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I'm the kind of person who likes being prepared for multiple possibilities. You can't plan everything in life, but I do like having a backup plan.

Yes, I'm the kind of guy who, when flying, prints paper boarding passes AND has the app on his phone. I can do everything right, have a charger with me, but what if I drop my phone and break it after getting to the airport?

But, you do you. If you're OK risking the very small chance of something like that, that's fine with me!

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
I'm the kind of person who likes being prepared for multiple possibilities. You can't plan everything in life, but I do like having a backup plan.

Yes, I'm the kind of guy who, when flying, prints paper boarding passes AND has the app on his phone. I can do everything right, have a charger with me, but what if I drop my phone and break it after getting to the airport?

But, you do you. If you're OK risking the very small chance of something like that, that's fine with me!

And I thought I was the only one!

Basically the issue here is that if you weren't prepared for how the ticketing worked, you had issues (like the guy in front of us in line who continually yelled at the poor kid scanning tickets even when she told him to go to the trailer and have them print it off). ISU did way more than they needed to in communicating this out. I got at least 3-4 e-mails. If you were prepared, no problems.

Reactions: khardbored

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What if I have an old school flip tracphone? Am I still ******?

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I also get zero service at the lots/stadium, but had no issue pulling the tickets up in my phone's Google wallet... Those don't require internet/cell service.

Sounds like this is a case of old people not understanding technology. ISU sent multiple emails telling people to save your tickets to a wallet (free app on any carrier for those who don't know). Hell, John Walters even did a video step by step tutorial..
This is the issue I ran into. The group ahead of me couldn't get service to pull up their tickets. I was a bit frustrated that instead of asking them to stand aside till they figure it out the scanner just stood there awkwardly staring at them. We waited for like 5 mins until someone give them the wifi password for the Jacobson building and they figured it out.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I saw a few people that had actual tickets, not printed at home tickets, not on their phone but good ol fashioned tickets. I have no idea where or how they got them, but when I seen them walking down the stairs looking for their seats checking their tickets I was curious how they got them.

Anyone know? If you contacted the ticket office and said you had no way to do it electronically did they still send them? Could these be some type of give away tickets that needed to be physical tickets?
I just was surprised to see them.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
This is the issue I ran into. The group ahead of me couldn't get service to pull up their tickets. I was a bit frustrated that instead of asking them to stand aside till they figure it out the scanner just stood there awkwardly staring at them. We waited for like 5 mins until someone give them the wifi password for the Jacobson building and they figured it out.
My sister ran into a problem where she, thought she saved them to her wallet, but for some reason they werent there when she went to access them. She was frustrated and struggling to access her account as she walked up, but as she got close to the gate she was able to connect to a wifi signal long enough to get them loaded.
I wonder if they opened a wifi channel up at the stadium because so many people were having problems.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I printed my four out last Saturday, and had no problem using them to get into the stadium, will do the same for this week.
For those going to the UNLV, they will NOT accept printed out tickets at the gate, scan only. Good thing my oldest son and his friends are going for old folks like me that prefer the printed ticket.

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
I apologize for being old and being challenged by having an inferior phone.

I found a way to attend ISU games this Fall - print them out.

I understand the hatred for me and people like me who have a tough time with this. I have been told I am stupid for many more decades than you. I win on longevity.

I have every single ticket stub from my time at Clyde Williams and the first Cyclone "New Stadium" (vs Air Force) in 1975.

I am sorry I am no longer valid as a Cyclone fan because I got old and stuck with them, donated tons of money, and have problems with tech tickets of late.

My solution was to simply print them out, and it works.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

I understand the hatred for me and people like me who have a tough time with this. I have been told I am stupid for many more decades than you. I win on longevity.

I have every single ticket stub from my time at Clyde Williams and the first Cyclone "New Stadium" (vs Air Force) in 1975.

I am sorry I am no longer valid as a Cyclone fan because I got old and stuck with them, donated tons of money, and have problems with tech tickets of late.

As another old fart, this is the first year for big issues with ticket taking that I can remember. Don't worry. This is going to save so much money that our donation required to keep our seats will not increase....right?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

Strange thread bump, but ok. Thanks for letting us know?

• Agree
Reactions: SayMyName

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
At the Kansas game, as I got to the South gate, I could not get my tickets to open from my WALLET (Google Pay). It gave me a message that I had no internet. I have limited data so I leave my data off unless I need it. I had to turn on my Data, still had trouble, but eventually got my tickets to open. So, maybe I don't understand Google Pay but to say you don't need Internet in order to open your tickets, that was not my experience.

Seems to me that if any venue is going to use electronic tickets, then they need to provide free wi-fi to the entire stadium or coliseum area so that tickets can be accessed. We just went to a concert last Thursday and also last Tuesday, both times we had bad experiences trying to get our tickets to open. At one venue, we had to leave the gate, go to a place where we could get internet, open our tickets, then go back to the gate again. Maybe there is a way to open tickets without internet, but it is not fool-proof by any stretch of the imagination.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
At the Kansas game, as I got to the South gate, I could not get my tickets to open from my WALLET (Google Pay). It gave me a message that I had no internet. I have limited data so I leave my data off unless I need it. I had to turn on my Data, still had trouble, but eventually got my tickets to open. So, maybe I don't understand Google Pay but to say you don't need Internet in order to open your tickets, that was not my experience.

Seems to me that if any venue is going to use electronic tickets, then they need to provide free wi-fi to the entire stadium or coliseum area so that tickets can be accessed. We just went to a concert last Thursday and also last Tuesday, both times we had bad experiences trying to get our tickets to open. At one venue, we had to leave the gate, go to a place where we could get internet, open our tickets, then go back to the gate again. Maybe there is a way to open tickets without internet, but it is not fool-proof by any stretch of the imagination.
Save a screenshot of your tickets to your Gallery or whatever your equivalent is. Works no different for entry purposes but won't require data.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron