Praying for a rainout

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I'm sure they called it when the did because the Cubs had to get out to the west coast for Monday's game, and not so much with the Sunday night game. Cubs have a lengthy list of makeups still, I doubt they'd cancel just for a tv conflict.

Alot of storms rolling through Chicago on Sunday. Waited to see if it would clear up enough and/or miss Wrigley to make starting worthwhile.

Lilly is on the card for tonight, not Harden. Is that normal to skip over a guy like that? Might be indicitive of an injury...

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
When did the Cal Ripken thing happen?

With about a year left to the streak the Orioles canceled a game due to a "problen with the light" and the rumor is that they did that as a favor to Cal and the streak due to some issues at home.

I'm sure they called it when the did because the Cubs had to get out to the west coast for Monday's game, and not so much with the Sunday night game. Cubs have a lengthy list of makeups still, I doubt they'd cancel just for a tv conflict.

Alot of storms rolling through Chicago on Sunday. Waited to see if it would clear up enough and/or miss Wrigley to make starting worthwhile.

Lilly is on the card for tonight, not Harden. Is that normal to skip over a guy like that? Might be indicitive of an injury...

I heard Harden through a few pitches in the pen then walkes off with the training staff. If the Cubs didn't have anyone available then the threat of storms could have been a nice excuse.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
With about a year left to the streak the Orioles canceled a game due to a "problen with the light" and the rumor is that they did that as a favor to Cal and the streak due to some issues at home.

I heard Harden through a few pitches in the pen then walkes off with the training staff. If the Cubs didn't have anyone available then the threat of storms could have been a nice excuse.
If the game hasn't started yet isn't it the home clubs responsibility to deal with the weather as far as delays/postponements go?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
If the game hasn't started yet isn't it the home clubs responsibility to deal with the weather as far as delays/postponements go?

I thought it was the umps call. Thought for sure that McClellan talked about that on one of his shows - maybe last winter.

They have to work with the stadium and grounds crews to have the field ready for play - but ultimately it's the umps' decision.

Help Support Us

Become a patron