Positive *Informative* Covid News

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
How do we perfectly isolate the vulnerable from the rest of the population? I've been trying to figure out a way. LTC facilities are still having outbreaks and that's about as isolated as we can get.

Oh I'm in agreement with you on this. Its tough tho for those that live with vulnerable folks and have to work and care for them.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Despite the fact that the OP sayus teh title is misleading. Ok, Chief. I will once more delete all my posts from your little echo chamber in here and be on my way. It really didn't need to be this way and I don't think this is what was intended.
Seems a bit dramatic.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hey, friend, I got called out for asking that question in here. I didn't see you complaining about it then, though, probably because you were more comfortable with the messenger I was questioning.

Once more, here's what the OP had to say about the thread title:

Don't you think we should give a little bit of leeway for discussion of less than "sunshine, rainbows and unicorns" type positive items so long as it has some sort of nexus to understanding what can be done to move forward? Those negative threads you are talking about are all in the cave, and shouldn't there be an informative space outside the cave for those who don't want to enter it?

Haha, I don't really care.

I just started the thread....I don't know own it, but sure. Start that up here. My guess it will be gone by...Friday? There's so much **** going on in the world right now that a grounded conversation actually sounds extreme so they rarely last.

I didn't really see it as a 'Sunshine, rainbows and unicorns' type of deal...just kind of working through the process of potential outcomes.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So, so need to have positive informative news or just positive or informative news. Man, this change is just stressing me out.....

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I never did see this reconciled. One county.

That's interesting, in this one county 6.1% of the hospitalizations are between the ages of 10-19. Austin, TX nonetheless.

College students aren't worried about covid19 because they aren't at risk of covid19.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I never did see this reconciled. One county.
I don't know what you mean by "reconciled"? That article doesn't share any data, just one doctor saying 6.1 ( is that a lot?) percent of their current hospitalizations are in that age group. It doesn't say if they are in and out quickly, how severely I'll they are, etc. It's also one county, so if I'm looking for a trend, I tend to believe the reports of 29 universities spread around the country is more indicative of the risk for college aged people than what one county is seeing.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I don't know what you mean by "reconciled"? That article doesn't share any data, just one doctor saying 6.1 ( is that a lot?) percent of their current hospitalizations are in that age group. It doesn't say if they are in and out quickly, how severely I'll they are, etc. It's also one county, so if I'm looking for a trend, I tend to believe the reports of 29 universities spread around the country is more indicative of the risk for college aged people than what one county is seeing.
I mean it's a chart made by a jihadist.
It's also the county Austin Texas is in, Baylor med, University of Texas. Sorry you missed that.

kcbob79clone

Per coronavirustoday.com

NSAIDs Do Not Lead to More Severe Coronavirus Disease Outcomes

The use of non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen, is not associated with severe COVID-19 disease or related fatality, according to a study published in PLOS One on September 8, 2020.
These researchers concluded the 'use of NSAIDs was not associated with 30-day mortality, hospitalization, ICU admission, mechanical ventilation, or renal replacement therapy in Danish individuals who tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.'

kcbob79clone

Also per coronavirustoday.com. Heard about the double test before

Triple Test Launched to Detect COVID-19, Influenza, and RSV

North Carolina based LabCorp announced on September 8, 2020, the launch of the first testing method to simultaneously detect COVID-19, influenza A / B, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). This single-panel test, which detects multiple types of infections, can help doctors diagnose patients and make decisions about treatment options.
The combination diagnostic test is available to patients through doctors, hospitals, and other authorized healthcare providers nationwide.

kcbob79clone

Also per coronavirustoday.com. Amazing what has happened in a few short months

243 Coronavirus Disease-Related Diagnostic Tests Now Authorized

As of September 8, 2020, the U.S. FDA had authorized 243 coronavirus disease-related diagnostic tests, which include 195 molecular tests, 44 antibody tests, and 4 antigen tests.
The two most common types of tests people discuss are RT-PCR, the nasal-swab test that detects viral RNA, and various antibody tests, that detect if you have an immune response due to past exposure to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, says the FDA.

kcbob79clone

Also per coronavirustoday.com

Orally-Administered Antiviral Candidate 'Inhibited' COVID-19

Israel based RedHill Biopharma Ltd. announced on September 8, 2020, that opaganib demonstrated potent inhibition of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, achieving complete blockage of viral replication in an in vitro model of human lung bronchial tissue. Opaganib is currently being evaluated in global Phase 2/3 and U.S. Phase 2 clinical studies for the treatment of severe COVID-19 pneumonia.
Results from this study 'showed a clear and compelling antiviral effect of opaganib against SARS-CoV-2,' stated the company's press statement.
Mark L. Levitt, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Director at RedHill, added: “We are accelerating progress toward our goal of generating a robust data package to potentially support emergency use authorizations for COVID-19.”
Opaganib is a first-in-class, orally-administered, sphingosine kinase-2 (SK2) selective inhibitor with dual anti-inflammatory and anti-viral activity that targets a host cell component, unaffected by viral mutation, thus minimizing the likelihood of resistance, says the company.

kcbob79clone

Also per coronavirustoday.com. I didn't know there were so many vaccine candidates for a virus that has only been around a few months.

33 Coronavirus Vaccine Candidates Currently Conducting Research

As of September 3, 2020, the global COVID-19 vaccine R&D landscape included 321 vaccine candidates. Of these, 33 vaccine candidates are in clinical trials, with plans to enroll more than 280,000 participants from at least 470 sites in 34 different countries, reported Nature. Highlighted phase 3 coronavirus preventive vaccine candidates can be found at this link.
There are 381 clinical studies in the USA currently recruiting participants listed in the Antidote database, as of September 8, 2020.

kcbob79clone

People can subscribe to save you the time of spamming everything to this thread.

Appreciate the sentiment friend but I am retired and I have the time, especially when it is positive informative news.

Status
Not open for further replies.