Pollard says Texas "can't leave soon enough"

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Texas is like the parents that blame the equipment when their kid struggles in sports. Go on a hitting slump, must need a new bat. Miss some shots, let's get a new ball.

Texas can't compete for championships, must be the conference you're in holding you back.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Over/under on the number of years it takes for the SEC to develop a severe case of buyer's remorse on Texas?

My guess is the honeymoon phase is over by 2033, and by 2038 Texas and their fans will be publicly whining that they don't make more money than Alabama despite never winning an SEC championship.

Then again, you know what they say about those that don't learn from history. Texas brings an unreal number of TV sets and with it money, but their ego has at least nearly destroyed every conference it has ever been a part of. So yeah - starting in 2024 they're the SEC's problem now.
If I had to choose between drama being wealthy and sanity living upper middle class, no question I am choosing the latter. That's the message Pollard just gave. Texas fans don't get it or don't want to get it. SEC gets the drama now. Enjoy the money, because drama will eat your sanity.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Another thing Texas fans don't want to acknowledge is that 75% of the increased money they get in the SEC is already spent: reduced income from the Hampshirehorn Network, increased salaries for administration and football coaches, increased travel, especially administrative meetings, coaching buyouts and Gucci bags for everyone. Texas fans, you'll get nothing and you will like it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Texas is like the parents that blame the equipment when their kid struggles in sports. Go on a hitting slump, must need a new bat. Miss some shots, let's get a new ball.

Texas can't compete for championships, must be the conference you're in holding you back.

They had like a 10 year straight stretch where they made more cash than SEC schools anyway.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Pollard is like a folk hero now with the SicEm365 Baylor fans.
And I've always liked listening SicEm365 on YouTube. They seem to be fair, have good guests, and are informative on the Big 12, realignment news, etc.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
It really is a tragedy and a threat to Democracy that some people just can't keep things out of the Cave.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think the thing I love most about these Texas fans is their delusion. As in, "once we're in the SEC we won't have to play lowly Iowa State anymore - we'll get to play Florida..."

Yes, Florida will appear on their schedule every so often, but being completely oblivious to the fact that they're more often than not going to be playing Kentucky... and Missouri... and Arkansas... and Mississippi St... and Auburn (who has been worthless for the last 10 years)... and South Carolina... and odds are every single one of these schools that they are already looking down on by not even acknowledging they exist are going to own their lunch almost immediately. Which is why it won't even take a decade for the instability that Texas is going to bring with them to start plaguing the SEC. It's the only reason why I'll even be interested in the SEC in the immediate future - there are far too many egos to contain in that conference.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Edit:. JP also talked about a clandestine meeting of the have nots the last time this went down. Realized not everyone was there and there were have nots within the have nots
This doesn't get commented enough. Jamie said he went to a meeting with Lew Perkins (Kansas AD and organizer of the clandestine meeting I believe.). Perkins didn't invite Baylor. Jamie said who they were meeting with and 365 Sports censored it. Sucks they did that as was interested who it was - the Big 10, Big East, etc.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
This doesn't get commented enough. Jamie said he went to a meeting with Lew Perkins (Kansas AD and organizer of the clandestine meeting I believe.). Perkins didn't invite Baylor. Jamie said who they were meeting with and 365 Sports censored it. Sucks they did that as was interested who it was - the Big 10, Big East, etc.
I'd love to know more about this

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

I think the guys said it was an unfortunate technology issue. Not sure if they put a lid on it.

Either way I'm waiting for JPs book

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I think the guys said it was an unfortunate technology issue. Not sure if they put a lid on it.

Either way I'm waiting for JPs book
Unfortunate technology issue? I missed that. Seems too much a coincidence and not buying it. Waiting for JP's next call-in-show where someone asks him.